S1, any condition, ideally black.

Hi.

I’m new to the forum, i’ve joined because i’m looking for an S1 exige.

I’m planning a K20 swap so i’d ideally like cheap car with a tired engine, but looking round there seem to be so few about i’ll consider anything as long as the chassis and bodywork are sound.

If you are thinking about selling please let know.

Right, back to autotrader and pistonheads…

Black (there’s two types btw) is rare and popular.

Whilst it’s in bits having its new engine fitted get it re-painted. A search will turn up possibilities to do that for around �1500.

Ian

I did think about that, and a respray for �1500 sounds pretty reasonable.

Out of interest what are the differences between the blacks?

I’ll have a look around, thanks.

Black (there’s two types btw) is rear and popular.

Ian

Do you mean an@l

& there’s me thinking it was quite a cool colour

Tim.

[Corrected]

The anal black owners out there will tell you but I think basically one is a chrome black.

Gunmetal is best!

Ian

Black (there’s two types btw) is rare and popular.

You’re right. It’s my favourite colour for cars, and yet despite how popular black cars are, nobody seems to order them from new in that colour.

The anal black owners out there will tell you but I think basically one is a chrome black.

Gunmetal is best!

Ian

Oi This owner of a black car is hardly anal, as I don’t even know what the difference is. There is the black that mine is and the black that AndyD’s is, they are slightly different…does that help

Edited to say that mine aready has a K20A and is not for sale,…no not ever Good luck with the hunt though…

It just so happens i have the ideal private plate for your car Benja… A1NAL �1200 to you
A bargain considering A5NAL sold for �22,000 at auction

Thanks guys (i think)…

I’ve got two or three options now.

[quote There is the black that mine is and the black that AndyD’s is, they are slightly different…does that help
[/quote]

There is black and “metallic black” - mine is metallic black which it seems is actually BMW Cosmic Black as Lotus Metallic black is too black …

There is black and “metallic black” - mine is metallic black which it seems is actually BMW Cosmic Black as Lotus Metallic black is too black …

I’m glad that’s cleared up