S1 A048 Track pressures

Hi All, jst a quick note and couldn’t find a difinitive answer searching.

First time on track tomorrow and was wondering what current wisdom is on track pressures (Hot/Cold) for the 048?

I currently run 23.5 and 25.5 COLD on the road, should I be aiming fir this sort of pressures hot on the track?

I run about 23F/26R cold, and on track I just keep releasing pressure as they heat up to maintain those figures.

I run about 23F/26R cold, and on track I just keep releasing pressure as they heat up to maintain those figures.

Thanks for that, sounds pretty safe

George

Did a trackday at Oulton on Tuesday - pretty cold weather all day, damp early, on then dry. I’m presently using Toyo 888s, & find them to be excellent on track.

At the start of the day set the pressures to 21psi front, 23psi rear. As the car felt “right”, I didn’t check the pressures again all day!

Probably doesn’t help, but I feel better for telling someone

I’ve been running at 18 20 hot because i’ve found that the tyre wear is more even. What should I be looking for when setting pressures? Should I be looking at temperature rather than pressure?

22F / 24R seems to work for me.

when I go out to start with on these temps the rear does seem a little loose but if you build it up slowly as the tyres get hot and sticky then the car handles like a dream. When I first tried these temps I was tempted to put some more pressure in them to see if i could get rid of the skittish rear but glad I stuck with them.

Only other thing I do is once the tyres are hot I will check the pressures and balance them out side to side across the axles as the do vary once on track.

I ended up running about 22/24 HOT pressures and the car seemed to respond well compared to earlier in the day where I was a PSI or two higher. Took a couple of laps to really come on, but stuck like sh1t to a blanket when warm.

Still… didn’t stop the car going home on a low-loader though

Oh no matey what happened ?

Oh no matey what happened ?

Hope it’s not serious, George.

Just read your other post - phew!!!

I’ve been running at 18 20 hot because i’ve found that the tyre wear is more even. What should I be looking for when setting pressures? Should I be looking at temperature rather than pressure?

I believe that looking at temperatures across the tread of the tyre is a better way of doing things than just going for any set pressures; but then you need to be fairly serious and invest in a temperature probe.