S Needed for Charge Cool (at cost) Fitting...

MMG Performance based in Sutton Coldfield have made a Charge Cooler which they are looking to get on a car inc the Radiator. Claims are, more efficient than those already on the market and better nesting…with a 20bhp increase. The car will be needed for one week. The unit usually retails at �2k but the whole job including fitting they’ll do at �1250.

He needs the car ASAP. If you are interested call Liam on 0121 323 5149.

(I know Liam to talk to as he is very local to me. He has a good background with MLOC owners and on VX’s forums, he also does little bits for Elise Trophy cars I believe).

Thanks for the post. I’ve just had a long chat with Liam and my new Exige S 240 is now booked in mid March for the chargecooler and rad fitting.

He sounds like a top bloke with a lot of knowledge regarding VX220’s and older, K series Elises. He’s looking to get into the yota Exige market place with this chargecooler so watch this space - full write up inc before and after intake temps, etc to follow.

Good news, good deal done…where are you based?

You will need a proper tune to take advantage of the cooling… you just don’t gain 20 hp on a stock tune and cooling…

I’m based in kent but regularly travel the country with work (albeit in a diesel Landcruiser not an orange Exige)so the midlands isnt that far away.

Yeah Frank I’ll have to speak to Sinclairs and see what remap they can do for me, want to get a different zorst on 1st and maybe a smaller pulley done come remap time…not sure I want to blow my gearbox just yet tho so might not get the smaller pulley. I’ll be happy with 270-280 bhp so shouldnt need the pulley? Obviously would love your comments on which way to go with this tho frank (sure u’ll give me your thoughts anyway…lol)

Frank for once I don’t agree with you at all, as the S has temp probe after the IC when you add a CC the charge temps will be loweryou might not get more power, but what you wo’t do is lose it due to heat soak, also if the CC is well made like my Proalloy one you will gain HP by removing parasitic loses caused by pumping air through a restrictive IC.
Not a scientific answer but it will have to do :wink:

Dude you don’t gain you just don’t lose as much without a tune… A proper tune will take advantage of the cooler air charge giving you "more"power…a smaller pulley will add even more…

There is now a E153 gearbox solution from monkeywrench racing…They announced it today a year after I did it… :crazy:

$5,000!

http://newsite.monkeywrenchracing.com/product_info.php?products_id=1177&osCsid=ooik323svsa8ak5lmeiidq4h67

[quote=frank]Dude you don’t gain you just don’t lose as much without a tune… A proper tune will take advantage of the cooler air charge giving you "more"power…a smaller pulley will add even more…

There is now a E153 gearbox solution from monkeywrench racing…They announced it today a year after I did it… :crazy: [/quote]

Ok, that is not that bad considering. I am going to spend the best part of �2k on my gearbox conversion.
The downside of this is the gear ratios only suit if you have monster torque which I don’t sadly, if I could afford to go turbo this would be the way :wink: