S, 240R and 240Cup - Induction and Exhaust

Of the S, 240R and 240Cup (supercharged) owners out there what induction kits and exhaust changes have you made?

I have on 06 240Cup with a Reverie Carbon Daytona induction and side pods and a 2bular 8" GT3 & de cat and wanted to know what peoples experiences of thier changes had been?

pipercross induction and stage 2 exhaust. f*cking lovely!

Of the S, 240R and 240Cup (supercharged) owners out there what induction kits and exhaust changes have you made?

I have on 06 240Cup with a Reverie Carbon Daytona induction and side pods and a 2bular 8" GT3 & de cat and wanted to know what peoples experiences of thier changes had been?

My S is std but i would be interested to here what you think of your set-up.

I have said this before but
Induction kits on an SCed car is a much higher risk activity than on an n/a car. I did try to stick my PC induction kit on my car when the SC was being installed but Bemani would not do it due to the filtering capabilities of the induction kits being no where near the standard item. The higher draw of the SC means you magnify the problem.

The way forward is a 2bular zaust and sports cat/de-cat plus a manifold if you really want it. My new Jim special is a 3 inch diameter all the way through when paired with my Bemani 4-2-1 manifold does the job and gives some nice gains.

One thing my original GT3 8incher had issues with the higher flow on the same diameter led to higher heat levels in the back box. So the 3inch design gives a less pressured flow and therefor less heat (as well as giving a few hp). To try and keep the noise levels down by box is now the largest Jim can fit (a 8 by 24 inch box). If you were looking to get the 265 that seems to be possible from the 240/S then this box just might make the difference… I also have a bolt on baffle that fits very neatly inside the tip (which you can put your fist in ) which should lower the noise level by another db or so

My set up is great. The day I picked it up it was just awesome, and remained that way for about a month.

However as my other posts indicate I’ve now got a problem which is as yet undiagnosed, and thus could be nothing to do with either the zorst or the induction, though I am anticipating having to refit both my original items to try and solve the problem. The problem began at Rockingham in anger, though even before then Graham at Plans felt that the car was “down” on power, or supercharger wasn’t spooling up as it should?

The mods sounded great, there was certainly more immediaccy in pickup and what felt like more midrange power, no boom from the exhaust, all good.

So we’ll wait to see what further diagnostics bring on Monday