Rover's non-return

sorry if this is a stupid question, but will the demise of Rover affect parts availability etc for the K-series?

not a stupid question…

the parts supply will be there for a long time yet…

the spares suppliers are different companies from the one that just went bust the other week.

Plus the engine side of rover was sold to the chinese ages ago, the only thing I can think that is shared with rover and not an engine part is the wheel hubs but can’t see that being a problem…

Plus the engine side of rover was sold to the chinese ages ago, the only thing I can think that is shared with rover and not an engine part is the wheel hubs but can’t see that being a problem…

No it wasn’t. the rights to build the K-series were sold to the Chinese, the factory and production lines were still Powertain but that’s now closed. Expect the Chinese to buy it up cheap soon, although I expect it will be worthless by the time they move it.

Did anybody hear PTP had gone? Sounds like that’s the end of Janspeed again.

mailed PTP a week or 2 ago for a shipping quote on the 1.9 short block and they said they were not shipping any blocks at the moment I was living in the hope that there press release said that they were a completely seperate entity to Rover and would still continue as normal.

Typical isn’t it, i finally decide to go the 1.9 route and instruct mechanic not to do very much to the bottom end as i will be replacing it at the end of the year. Oh well time do a bit more searching and decide what to do

Jason, have you tried Scholar for a 1.9? If not I’m sure Dave Andrews will be along with some info soon.

Thanks Azrael,

I spoke to scholar some time ago when they were just starting to do the 1.9 and they were very helpful so i will propably go through them as i have a spare block around and will more than likely end up converting it.

Quite liked the price of the short block ready to go from PTP as it would have been quick and easy. I will contact Dave shortly, still need to find a second in myself before i change the motor otherwise i will just be masking my lack of talent with horsepower

Try the administrator, you may get one cheap!

Ian