Rollbar Support Bar (A-Frame)

Where is the best place to get one of these
[image]http://www.maddogmotorsport.com/photos/Rollbarsupport.jpg[/image]

It’s more than just the petty bar unfortunately, it’s the whole roll bar.

I’ve got one of these in mine:

http://www.customcages.co.uk/index.html

Not a cage, but an A-frame roll bar with the removable petty bar as in the picture.

Just down the road from you too. How’s that?

Thanks Alex, but doesn’t it just fit to the existing rollbar?

Dave

There is also an “A Frame”, required to fix the support bar on the rollbar (just in case you didn’t already know that). I don’t know if Eliseparts have them, but I think most peeps have bought theirs from Lotus Motorsport (so they won’t be cheap!!).

If you can fit a full cage, I’d do that. With the support bar, it’s impossible for the driver to exit the car via the passenger side - I wouldn’t fancy that if the driver’s door is against a tyrewall, & then there’s a fire!

me got soft top

Sorry Alex, you posted whilst I was one finger typing!

me got soft top

You gonna start the fire or am I Pesky?!

The one I have has a mounting point bolted into the chassis in the pax footwell. The other end bolts onto a protrusion from the roll bar made by the same people.

Not sure if you can get ones that fix to the existing bar or how much use they would be in the event that they’re needed.

Not really convinced anything short of a full cage offers anything better than the standard roll hoop anyway…
The first owner purchased what’s fitted to my car, to comply with hillclimb regs.

Thanks Pesky, the only thing is I don’t want to put a full rollcage in because its a convertible but I see where you’re coming from

Sorry Alex, you posted whilst I was one finger typing!

No probs Mr P!

me got soft top

I assumed that the regs would require you to have either a full cage, or a hardtop plus support bar, sorry. IIRC You had been searching for a hardtop

me got soft top

I assumed that the regs would require you to have either a full cage, or a hardtop plus support bar, sorry. IIRC You had been searching for a hardtop

thanks, I’ll clear that up with Graham tomorrow as you might see me in a few races this year in the production class
I sold my hardtop a few weeks ago (typical)

Maddog,
I have one for sale

you have PM