rocking driver's seat

does anyone else have this as a problem? - I have it in my one year old Exige S, and have put this question on here as I’m led to believe it is a common fault of the driver’s seat runner in the Elise/Exige platform.
I’ve had the runner replaced a month ago, which made things worse. Just had my car looked at today by Customer service, at Dealers - to be told yes it has been reported before but there is nothing Lotus can do about it - pretty much TADTS! - I don’t think that’s good enough on a £60K car and have got a bee in my bonnet about it, so want to take it up with Lotus further. I love the car and don’t want to moan too much about it…but I think this needs to be resolved…anyone?

It’s a feature. I have had three different Elise/Exige and they all do it. A bit of grease stops any squeaks.

Mine was the same after about 10k, look on SELOC techwiki and someone has posted a fix, essentially it’s the box tube the runner slides in that opens up causing the play and you can crush it in a vice to close it up again. I improved mine no end by doing this but must admit I didn’t go so far to totally dismantle the runner as described in the fix, it’s bit of a faff but the play annoyed me enough to deal with it, the seat isn’t that hard to remove even with the roof in place.