Reverie Rear Wing

I see that there are now pictures of the Reverie rear wing up on the Sector 111 website.

[image]http://www.sector111.com/images/products/carbon_fiber/exterior/reverie/wing5.jpg[/image]

I would love a different wing but it’s a lot of dosh for what would be effectively(for me)a cosmetic mod.

marc.

I have a few things on my list before airo
I think you either go to a motorsports wing or stay standard
This ones too much of a half way house and dont like the end plates think they have a lot of options including something nearer to the GT3 one

In my opinion the wing is the only real let down with S2�s styling, and that�s only because it isn�t quite big enough.

That�s why I really like what Brendan did with his, it doesn�t look out of place and I imagine it didn�t cost a small fortune either …

[image]http://campbellbaker.homeip.net/stuff/Photos/wing breadan.jpg[/image]

David

PS. Brendan, hope you don�t mind I nicked you pics .

I really like it and think it looks good on the car in the pictures. I also agree that the standard one looks a bit girlie. The race car wing on the Cadena car is very functional but looks far to big for the car.

I think that the size of the ReVerie CF wing is the right size.

It does beg the question if you fit it to your car, with the extra down force generated, would it unbalance the car and would you need a bigger splitter for the front to balance things out? Because surely with the extra rear downforce it could make the front end light and affect turning in?

I take it that you would need the ReVerie front splitter as well?
http://www.sector111.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20217&cat_id=20264&prod_id=1929&function=product

http://www.sector111.com/images/products/performance/aero_kits/cfspoiler_large.jpg

If you need both items then its a cost of $ 2,500.00 for the rear Wing & $1150.00 for the front splitter => $ 3,650.00 => approx � 2000 + import taxes and duties and shipping.

That is a lot to spend on an upgrade if your not racing… IMHO

If money is no object or you are into pimping your ride then great. It will look good.

I don’t like it personally. I hate the end plates, and would prefer something wider. That’s only from an aestetic point of view. I guess it does provide more downforce and if that what people want, then this is a worthy option.

I love the look of the one I made, but it’s not currently in use as I’m unsure of the affect it’s had on the balance of the car. In back to back testing on the road, I couldn’t tell any difference. However, I had a couple of unpleasant moments with strong crosswinds which worried me a little. The wing will remain out of action until I can do some more trials. Any hot test drivers out there want to give it a go?

That carbon front splitter is for the Elise, not the Exige.

Not too keen on the Sector111 one - to my eyes the endplates look too big.

Brendan, really curious to know how you went about making yours (apologies if I have missed this in a previous post). It looks really good - is it just like the standard one but wider?

Mark

Mark, here’s the details: LINKAGE

Basically, it’s a hybrid S1/S2 wing. I bought a second hand S1 wing off Russ, and grafted it onto the struts of a factory rejected S2 wing which I got through Nick Whale’s.

I also sawed off the endplates, and then modified the wing so they could be bolted back on. This gives me the option to replace them with bigger, more serious looking alternatives if it takes my fancy. As a bonus, it leaves the wing looking more like the original S2 wing, just wider.

If you have any more questions about how I did the job, feel free to ask.

$2,500 for a rear wing? Has the world gone mad?

IMHO I think the stock rear wing looks just fine, it’s not over the top and fits in well with the lines of the car.

I am in the process of working on a splitter that can be added to the standard exige one.

elise parts do an extened front splitter which looks ok to me.

I have yet to see a splitter for an S2 that for fills my criteria
It has to be cheap (most likely thing to take a hit)
I don�t want it to be fancy just purposeful and gives a bit more downforce at the front
So I am working on one

I have yet to see a splitter for an S2 that for fills my criteria
It has to be cheap (most likely thing to take a hit)
I don�t want it to be fancy just purposeful and gives a bit more downforce at the front
So I am working on one

Jamie, did you get one sorted?

Marine plywood is the way forward but it isn’t the lighest of materials.

I see that there are now pictures of the Reverie rear wing up on the > Sector 111 > website.

[image]> http://www.sector111.com/images/products/carbon_fiber/exterior/reverie/wing5.jpg> [/image]

I love it The splitter is a must if buying the wing…I have new end plates coming, tar Will but overall I’d say very very well made…unlike elise parts imho, chalk and cheese for quality. That splitter is bloody awful…Riverie is good stuff and like all good stuff you have to pay!

[image]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll116/jonnyfoxy/QP1G0452.jpg[/image]

[image]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll116/jonnyfoxy/141B6447.jpg[/image]

If that wing is attached in the same manner as the oem, it’ll be a waste of time, & flex like buggery on its mountings. Although the “Plans” solution mounts the wing (exactly same as an S1 wing, but with different mount positions), they also use a strengthening plate to the engine cover. Only proper solution to get downforce is to mount the wing through the rear clam - but that won’t comply with LOTRDC unless you go into “modified”.

Reverie splitter is very nice…but as it’s carbon hardly practical

I am looking at the designs around and will look to source and/or make items at less cost and maximum effectiveness.

Another option is to mount lower ala Gallardo GT3…

[image]http://www.smithathome.com/robsmithphotographydotcom/rockingham/RWS_2013.jpg[/image]

My little 2009 project to complement my nice new suspension that is due soon (crosses-everything).

Get it really low and hunkered down, then add some aero and a lots of driver training

[quote][quote]I see that there are now pictures of the Reverie rear wing up on the Sector 111 website.

I have this wing on my car it looks I also have a carbon splitter but it’s not a reverie one

If that wing is attached in the same manner as the oem, it’ll be a waste of time, & flex like buggery on its mountings. Although the “Plans” solution mounts the wing (exactly same as an S1 wing, but with different mount positions), they also use a strengthening plate to the engine cover. Only proper solution to get downforce is to mount the wing through the rear clam - but that won’t comply with LOTRDC unless you go into “modified”.

The adjustable Reverie wing uses the exact same mount pilons as the Plans wing. They were sourced from Plans. Re flex (rrrrreflex ) this can be minimized by adjusting the stops for the rear deck. Sector 111 do a kit, but its basically just some nuts and bolts allowing the length to be set so that when the deck is closed it is very tight. Its then difficult to get it to flex even by hand. Never going to transfer the same amount of downforce that would be possible by chassis mounting it, but then I doubt that any of us are looking for LMS or F1 levels anyway.

The adjustable Reverie wing uses the exact same mount pilons as the Plans wing. They were sourced from Plans. Re flex (rrrrreflex ) this can be minimized by adjusting the stops for the rear deck. Sector 111 do a kit, but its basically just some nuts and bolts allowing the length to be set so that when the deck is closed it is very tight. Its then difficult to get it to flex even by hand. Never going to transfer the same amount of downforce that would be possible by chassis mounting it, but then I doubt that any of us are looking for LMS or F1 levels anyway.

I can confirm Reverie use Plans mounts as Graham told me at AutoSport. Also I’ve found Simon (at Reverie)a NON_BULLSH!T artist and true to his word always…He is a safe and thorough pair of hands, check his tech…and then talk to him!