Retirement Project

Now that the Elan is almost finished, (well, as much as I can do anyway), I’ve started to get some bits together for my next project, for when I retire from the NHS next year. At least it’s a bit more Exige related than the Elan!
I’m going to build a wide-bodied Motorsport Elise replica, with a bonkers Audi engine.
I’ve only got the panels at the moment, these are 2" wider in the arches than a standard S1 Exige and I’m planning to fit wider/larger diameter wheels and tires.
so I’m on the lookout for a good Elise S1 donor, a lowish mileage 1.8t Audi engine with 6 speed box, any pointers very welcome!
Motorsport Elise project 221.JPG
Motorsport Elise project 234.JPG
Motorsport Elise project 237.JPG

Nice. Perfect spec.

I’ve got a BAM 1.8 turbo engine in a container in Hull. Was a spare when Sean and I had a Cupra R each, and doing the Audi conversions. Not sure if that will suit, as you might want one with a big port head though? Has a forged crank and rods as standard, but depends on how bonkers you are planning on going, as to how many bits you will want to replace.

slippery slope

Looks great Dave, well done.

That looks great Dave. Keep us all updated eh.

How’s your mega build going Ben?

Ah did see Ben had sold a second body of his

The first time I looked at the pics I thought:

“Isn’t that taking minimalist weight-saving a bit too far?”…

TVR would be proud of those body ‘fit gaps’ - best of luck with the project :slight_smile:

Slowly I’m afraid… too much other stuff going on at the moment. :frowning:

It will get done though! Eventually :laughing:

Projectastic!

many months of bodywork fettling, which I’ve enjoyed doing, but getting there.
Got my wheels and tyres on this week, expecting engine back from builder very soon, so should make faster progress then.
elise with tyres 1.png
elise with tyres.png
elise with tyres 5.png

Way-hey!

:smiley: Great, but where did 2017 go?
Mor epics and full project report please

most of this time spent getting body panrels fitting right
full build thread on scottishelises.com under Gallery sect.
much easier to post pics

Thanks,
Now seen pics on Norlog. Great project, well done.

Even more impressed now I’ve seen the gallery on scottishelises

thank you