Replacement windscreen

I have a crack in my S1 windscreen and it needs to be replaced. I’ve contacted my insurance but I’m not sure if I want to use autoglass or trust them. There is also a company called Ricky Evans Motorsport which offers OEM and heated screens. Has anyone used them or autoglass?

Keith

I haven’t but I had trouble fitting a new one to the car, Pilkington esspecally. I would definitely go the normal route Keith.

I used autoglass through insurer for the S 2 but the front clam was off.
I found them excellent and very conscientious. I think he was clocked for 6 hours so when he arrived to see the front clam off we were instantly best mates.

National windscreens are doing it on Friday, they wisely said, have you got someone who can ease the clam back and return it? It’s off to Gavin in Burton on Trent. Amazingly they have 20 S1 screens in stock.

So I see :smiley:

^^^^ what an awesome image :sunglasses:

Good old Gavin.

Collected my car with new screen. Looks great but very pleased Gavin was on hand to tell them what to do and he had a new seal, which they forgot.

John, your car looks fantastic as well, headlights are a great improvement. Foolishly I assumed you had driven it there in the rain. Wrong!

Keith

Lol Tim the trailer, great friend to us garage Queen owners around the Midlands.