Removing marks / scuffs from ally tub

when cleaning the interior, ive tried a few cleaning products to remove the marks from the ally sils/tub etc but nothing ive tired gets it looking nice.

I thought about a metal polish that I use for the exhaust tips etc but I think that will make the ally shiny.

What do you lot use/reccomend.

Reading with interest……

I’m not sure which cleaning producers are best, but I’ve seen some people recommend using those cheap ‘Magic Cleaning Pads / Sponges’ to remove grime/dirt, as they’re less likely to damage the anodising. Will give it a go at some point!

Also Interested to hear any other methods, particularly how to improve the deeper scratches on the alloy tub etc. :+1:

I thought about this and isopropanol but I think the sponges are basically like a 50,000 grit sand paper. like really really fine abrasive so I think it will make the dull alloy shine.

I’ve always used magic sponges. They cost pennies, try one on a place where you can’t see the result. Other option is to use solvents until you find the one which works on the mark. Meths, turps, bug shifter, brake cleaner, soap. Which works depends on what’s there.

Thanks. ill give one a try behind the seat or something