Removing carcole canister etc...

Guys, when removing all the vacume gubbins what do you use to bung up the holes in the top of the throttle bodies?

Also what diameter is the crankcase breathers for some new pipe?

Anything else I should watch for when removing all that stuff? Doesn’t the breather go to the petrol tank filler neck? So that would need to be bunged as well right?

TIA!

Guys, when removing all the vacume gubbins what do you use to bung up the holes in the top of the throttle bodies?

I’m sure that you’ll find some suitable cigarette stubs on yer garage floor

LOL! Well I don’t want my engine getting high

It’ll be the only time you’d have to put sugar in the tank to keep it happy

Erm… you use the same vaccuum little hoses.
Just put one to the other on each TB and Bob’s your uncle

Check out my gallery in bookatrack here , about 2/3 down.

I see! Perfect!

Thanks you

All done and looking much tidier for it!

I ended up removing the whole carcole canister, that big round thing next to it, all the sensors mounted on the roll bar, what are they all?

Anyway, it still ran with it all missing so everything is a OK!

Oh, one quick Q, do you need to bung up the vacume you take off the fuel filler neck? It didn’t look like it but wasn’t too sure…

It’s not a vaccuum really, it’s the vent for vapours into the charcoal canister.
Just route it where you want the fuel vapours to go to (suggest not towards the manifold).
I just cut it about 5cm long, so it vents to the general area surrounding it.

The sensors in the roll bar are the Barometric pressure and MAP pressure sensors.
The Emerald doesn’t use them by default, but I’ll try to map for the barometric pressure, so that I can comensate for altitude, for when I do Stelvio and the likes

Ah OK, will cut some hose and send the vapours somewhere else

As for the Baro sensor, I thought it was that… Could you not mount it anywhere? Or use a different one that has suitable emerald inputs? But if they’re not needed then that suits me

Keep us posted about the Baro as I’d be interested