Removing battery corrosion.

As a subtext to my other post, having eventually removed the battery, the battery ‘tray’ is also corroded so I thought i’d just buy a new one…but its rivetted in so the only option is to ‘clean’ it…but whats the best method to get the corroded battery acid off the ‘insitu’ battery ‘tray’?

is there no way to drill out the rivets? If yo did this it would make cleaning it out of the car that much easier.

Not sure in the Exige with so much aluminium about and a “sealed” undertray, but under other circumstances an alkaline mixture and a wire brush would be the thing - perhaps baking soda in a water solution?

Im really suprised that there’s no hole under or around the battery to allow ‘liquid’ to drain out!

Ok found this:

Mix one or two tablespoons of baking soda with a little water to make a paste and apply to the corroded areas. This should bubble away the problem. Wipe clean and dry well.

Ok found this:

Mix one or two tablespoons of baking soda with a little water to make a paste and apply to the corroded areas. This should bubble away the problem. Wipe clean and dry well.

Excellent, thanks!