remote thermostat

how do i know if i have a remote thermostat fitted? can i see it? if so where do i look? it sound as though its worth getting.

russ, from what i have gathered from reading previous posts, the remote thermostat would only really be apparent if your temps are always suspiciously cool. If you have the 190 upgrade, you should have the 82degree thermostat. The only way to see i would think is to get the rear clam off and have a nosey because they are supposed to be tucked away in the engine.

I want to get the remote thermostat eventually but until i need to get the clam off the 190 thermostat is doing just fine

that sounds a big job sh#t just thought it might be easy and help stop the engine blowing a head gasket

how do i know if i have a remote thermostat fitted? can i see it? if so where do i look? it sound as though its worth getting.

Floor it in second (once fully warmed up) to the limiter if it drops from 80ish into the 60/low 70’s then you haven’t got a remote stat.
Mine normally goes from 82 down to 64 except on really hot days like today when it doesn’t move atall.

If you have the Eliseparts remote stat, you should be able to see it if you have a nosey in the engine bay. I know pictures would help, but I can’t do anything about that right now
On the right hand side of the engine bay, somewhere under the alternator, but slightly more rearwards, you should see a largeish coolant pipe running across into the side of the chassis. The remote stat would be a cylindrical aluminium thing plumbed into that pipe.

Check out the pics of my rebuild here:

http://www.bookatrack.com/-pg?2326

about 2/3rds down the page, the blue hoses. You will see where it is.