Rebuild Mileage

Am getting ever so close to owning an exige - (elise should hoefully be sold this weekend) but am looking at a few exiges to buy asap, what kind of mileage are the engines generally rebuilt at ?

Would eb a great help if people could post approx mileage when they’ve had them rebuilt and by who.

BUT PLEASE I DONT WANT THIS TO START ANOTHER ARGUEMENT.

It all depends on how they’ve been driven. 20k miles at 8k revs is worse than 50k miles motorway cruising. So unless you intimately know the car, you’ll never know unless you take it apart. Just buy it, and if it explodes you’ve learned a valuable life lesson.

Ok, cheers for the info - will hopefully be posting pictures soon !!!

It all depends on how they’ve been driven. 20k miles at 8k revs is worse than 50k miles motorway cruising. So unless you intimately know the car, you’ll never know unless you take it apart. Just buy it, and if it explodes you’ve learned a valuable life lesson.

Just buy it, and if it explodes you’ve learned a valuable life lesson.

Thanks, as a new Exige onwer this is just about what I wanted to hear (40000km on the clock, not rebuilt yet, bought with a 12 month full warranty, so I hope it will explode within warranty time )

Mine was completely rebuilt by an independant Lotus dealer in Salisbury at 56,000 miles - new pistons, liners, big end bearings, clutch, shaft oil seal bearing thing, exhaust, cam belt, etc. The engine wasn’t burning oil just a bit noisy - piston slap.
I didn’t have a problem with the rebuild at that sort of mileage - nothing less than the car deserved after all the pleasure it’s given.

I might send the wife for a rebuild next!!