Rear Led foglight question

Loads of my rear leds on the fogs have gone out]my question is should it be a compleate ring of leds on the fogs or just half

when you look close half of the leds are different about the centre line

You should see chrisexigegt’s (mind you he’s been to Lotus Sport since), but last time I saw the back of his car I doubt he had more 3 individual LEDs working per cluster! Don’t they keep blaming it on a bad batch Got to be a warranty job…easy.

LEDs are a known issue. All LED lights marked as part No. "A"xxxxxx are potentially dodgy. If they do fail you need parts "B"xxxxxxxx which are a new manufacturer and specification. They do no need additional harness mods and should not fail in the way that earlier parts have.

Loads of my rear leds on the fogs have gone out]my question is should it be a compleate ring of leds on the fogs or just half

Only half the lights work on UK models - ie: The foglights should show 2 “C” shapes when illuminated.

Apparently the whole ring illuminates on US models only (I chased the dealer on this after I picked mine up and thought the fogs were broken!)

Only half the lights work on UK models - ie: The foglights should show 2 “C” shapes when illuminated.

Apparently the whole ring illuminates on US models only (I chased the dealer on this after I picked mine up and thought the fogs were broken!)

Thanks

Dealer now fitted set number 3 and 9 work each side forming a c shape
This has been going on since Aug 07

Why dont we get the full ring in the uk would look better and show up more in the fog i would have thought

LEDs are a known issue. All LED lights marked as part No. "A"xxxxxx are potentially dodgy. If they do fail you need parts "B"xxxxxxxx which are a new manufacturer and specification. They do no need additional harness mods and should not fail in the way that earlier parts have.

Does anyone have these ‘new’ design ones ? Are they fixed ?

Mine are completly out on one side and about 3 leds are fighting to stay alive on the other.

If the new ones are sorted and last, I will get a set.

Does anyone have these ‘new’ design ones ? Are they fixed ?

Mine are completly out on one side and about 3 leds are fighting to stay alive on the other.

If the new ones are sorted and last, I will get a set.

Got my Bxxxxxxx ones fitted today
Still work by the time i got into work so will let you know in a few weeks but its been 3 hrs and they still work

Got my Bxxxxxxx ones fitted today
Still work by the time i got into work so will let you know in a few weeks but its been 3 hrs and they still work

I look forward to seeing if they have finally sorted this out.

Cheers !

I think it’s to comply with MOT (or maybe SVA/type approval?) regs which require a space of about 10cm between the fog and main/brake light.

You should see chrisexigegt’s (mind you he’s been to Lotus Sport since), but last time I saw the back of his car I doubt he had more 3 individual LEDs working per cluster! Don’t they keep blaming it on a bad batch Got to be a warranty job…easy.

It’s a known warranty issue. Poblem was however that the clusters were on backorder. Had mine swapped last month. New ones got a different serial# (B instead of A). Installation is a 15 min job.

Nico

Does anyone know if you can mix A and B sets of lights ? I have the led rear lights and the inner two are working fine (fog and reversing) but I want to replace the outer lights, can I do this ?

Cheers.

Does anyone know if you can mix A and B sets of lights ? I have the led rear lights and the inner two are working fine (fog and reversing) but I want to replace the outer lights, can I do this ?

Cheers.

Mine are mixed and have been fine.

Thanks for the reply, did you fit them yourself ?

Thanks for the reply, did you fit them yourself ?

Yep, 10 minute job. On the “A” lights there’s no additional resistors needed on the harness.

Do you mean “B” lights ? Other than that, thanks very much for your reply