Rear clam stone chips

Does anyone have any way of covering and preventing stone chips on the bottom leading edge of the rear clam ? My rear end was just painted recently and there is no paint left on the leading edge at all after only 100 or so miles.

I htink quite a few people have got some excess rubber strips from a windscreen replacement centre place, then can get something which fits over the whole lip in a tasteful black rubber

Considered mud flaps? See here

Certainly helped on mine.

Ian

Your friendly Lotus dealer should be able to provide some rubber strips.

At B&C they showed me ‘armorfend’. Looks good (clear material, fitted to shape) and should save the paint.

mine is armourfended, I would give it a massive thumbs up -I have it on the front, sides and on its bum to stop he stone being flicked up by the rears. So far it has been very effective!

Checkout the S2 Exige in the Long-term Fleet section of EVO this month, it’s had a new improve Armourfended type thing, no yellowing, etc.

Ian

Does anyone have any pictures of either or both the mudflaps and the rubber window strips so I can see which looks the best.

Cheers

Does anyone have any pictures of either or both the mudflaps and the rubber window strips so I can see which looks the best.

Cheers

There was actually a Lotus part for this. Many of us who have had cars from new had them fitted by our dealers FOC.

I’ve put a photo HERE which shows both home-made mud flaps and the ‘dealer’ rubber strips

Regards