rear clam etc wanted

Has anyone got any of the following for sale ???
Rear clamshell,engine cover (motorsport or standard) rear spoiler with or without uprights,rear screen (between engine bay and inerior of car)!!

hi evosal have got a complete exige body for sale…minus doors and rear screen between engine bay and cockpit.

I have an original S1 Elise rear screen. I’m not certain if it’s compatible with the Exige though. If it is, its going cheap
Tim.

What kind of money are we looking at ??? I only really need the rear clam, engine cover and rear spoiler but i would consider the full body if the price was right.

Thanks Tim i will definately take the rear screen if it is the same !!!

Chris - give me ring, cos I’m interested in swapping my perspex engine cover (including brand new gas struts) for a Motorsport one

It’ll need strips Pesky!

Aaah, but I have a cunning plan

EVOSAL,

I’ll get some measurements & let you know.

Chris - give me ring, cos I’m interested in swapping my perspex engine cover (including brand new gas struts) for a Motorsport one

You might want to hold on to your perspex cover until you get a motor sport one, because the motor sport cover comes without a frame. This means you get a flat (not curved) flimsy cover. I ended up making a lightweight skeleton frame out of thin spring steel to ensure a snug fit and the ability to open and close the cover via the existing cable mechanism.

Cheers Ken,

As it happens, I’m not after the official Lotus cover, to which I’m presuming you refer to? I’m not expecting to retain the cable opening mechanism either, although that would be bonus if possible! Unfortunately, I’m not as able as yourself, so making a frame is out of the question for a numpty like me. The only frame I understand is made by Mr Zimmer

hi evosal, was after approx 2000GBP…obviously shipping will have to be taken into consideration

Evosal, are you trying to keep the cost of the rear clam shell down or is Lotus unable to supply? I would be rather concerned if it is a supply issue since Lotus are legally obliged to supply for at least ten years after production ceases.

Pesky, I am not referring to the official Lotus cover but the Oz bulk buy one that Mike Lane arranged. The cover must weigh about a quarter of the original perspex one. The slightly bizarre thing is that reversing is easier than with the perspex because you can see more through the vents than the smoked perspex. I got mine primarily in order to get more cold air to the intercooler (Audi).

Pesky, I am not referring to the official Lotus cover but the Oz bulk buy one that Mike Lane arranged. The cover must weigh about a quarter of the original perspex one.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

EVOSAL

Measurements of the Elise rear screen are :-

240mm high at centre
950mm (approx) at widest
905mm along the lower edge

Any good?

If you are at donny on the 19th I could bring it along if you like.

Tim.

tim & EVOSAL

these could be famous last words… but i’d be really really surprised if the rear screen is any different to an elise one… i’d venture its exactly the same part. A call to Lotus would confirm.