Re: Jonny's S1 Exige (190) SOLD

Well it’s been one hell of an adventure. The question I suppose is why after all these years and all that hard work would I want to sell? The answer, well as many of you know I have an R300 which I love equally as much as my Exige and it’s on that where I’d like to spend my money. Simple. Getting this car back on the road was something else this summer, really awesome but I have neglected what I truly enjoy and I want it back, my R300 and track time with my mates are very special to me. There is no rush as I am completely unprepared to sell so initially it’ll only be posted on here. I will pop a link to my build thread and another to an album I made on flickr. I also do not consider it finished, I have a few little niggles to sort and jobs to do but nothing to hide. Early in the new year I plan to get these done or maybe someone else would like to make those plans, either way they are minor and in my case fastidious jobs that probably come from not knowing when to stop. These images do not do the car justice, I never got around to taking pretty pictures but anybody who views it will not be disappointed.

06/04/19 Edit: all work completed, jobs done including headlights to body colour. Will post images soon.

The car also comes with a few bits, bobs and spares including:
Original Koni dampers
Original fuel tank and pump
Original stereo and speakers
Original dash trim both sides
Original matts (although new OE fitted)
Original A039 tyres full set
Replacement new OE engine oil cap and seal
Replacement new OE speedo
Replacement OE gearbox (close ratio)
Replacement new OE longerons
New boot floor and divider
New diffuser
Original new OE S1 Exige indoor cover
And lots of other stuff I cannot recall…

Mileage 52k (rebuilt)
Price £50K
190bhp
MOT till July 2020
Tax till end of 2019
Full service history up to and after restoration in the service book
Full MOT history including paperwork
Majority restoration receipts
Certificate of Provenance

PM, email [email protected] or leave a reply if interested

Link to build threads Exiges.com - Exiges.com - Lotus exige club & Exige S1 Restoration (images changed). - Technical Talk - Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Link to album LOTUS S1 EXIGE | Flickr

Link to work done Exiges.com - Exiges.com - Lotus exige club

Good Lord, are you mad fella? :crazy:

Why not keep it and use it properly for a year or three? You are unlikely to loose money, as you being the owner of what is almost certainly the best S1 Exige on the planet, I think the asking price is too low. Way too low in fact. You could enjoy some track time, let the car get some ‘patina’ and then still be able to sell high.

Fair play if you do sell though, just consider to spend the cash raised on an Evora, and revel in the best Lotus ever made :smiley: :ugeek: :wave:

Lotus should buy it from you. There is none better. Ask Ady to suggest the right contact?

Ha ha cheers fellas :smiley:

Looks fantastic John, I think you have the price spot on, no lower. Good used ones find homes in the low 40s. Yours is very special, best out there. For the right person it’s a rare treat.

Yes i would buy it if i m back into UK haha…such a nice car !

Appreciate that fellas

Good Lord Jonny - there is soooo much of you invested in that Exige!

Difficult as it is I totally understand where you are coming from tho’ - intense relationships sometimes you have to move on :slight_smile:

All the best with the sale - I consider that you have rather competitively priced it :wink:

Thanks Simon. I believe I have but we’ll see hey buddy.

Good grief. Strangely, I think I might understand your thinking. It’s a hell of an achievement, never to be forgotten (or repeated).

Definitely the best call - you’ve achieved perfection with it so the only direction now has to be a new adventure!

Is it April 1st? I can’t believe it, but that may be down to my lack of mental agility…

Ironically this popped up on my YouTube feed:

You were doing your suspension refresh at a similar time to me (I remember your bling uprights) nearly 4 years ago.

I must admit I love driving/owning mine and really isn’t anything else out there in comparison, although if I went into as much detail as you have I would probably want it sitting in my front living room!

All the best

Wow! who put it on YouTube?

Hi Jonny,

sorry to hear that you are selling your Exige. I had the hope that our Chrome Orange twins will meet one day.
It looks like you got carried away with that restoration process and the car is in such perfect condition now that it’s not useable anymore :laughing:

I do enjoy a nice project just like you do. Fortunately my Exige is in a much worse condition than yours and so I’m still able to fully enjoy it which I do. The Exige S1 is such a special car.

All the best for the sale and I hope you’ll find the right buyer,

Klaus

Hey Klaus

I drove 500 wonderful miles during the summer, it’s so nimble and not once did I go to the limiter during run in but I was sooooo tempted. I will miss it in a MASSIVE way but it really is way too special to use as much as I’d like. That said every journey into my garage is an epic one, you could literally eat your dinner off any part of it. If I do still have my Exige next spring/summer, it won’t be a burden and I will likely Armourfend the front and sills and take it out now and then on that special day.

Thank for all you help buddy :smiley:

Unless some one offers you a big wedge of cash, why not keep it until the next exiges.com trackday so you can give us all the chance to drool over it?

Does the air con still working good, i may have a friend interested…

I expect it works as well as any other S1, even though it has been removed.

Keith

Removed Sam, it literally fell off the car mate.