Re-Furb 2008

You’ve got a lot to answer for Rob,

everytime I’ve seen Martin recently the conversation has gone something like this.

“we’ve done this on Robs car …”
to which my reply has usally been "oh go on then - you may aswell whilst its in bits ! "

Car looks stunning and and once again the Edwards have done a stunning job.

Looks fantastic Rob

T’is a special feeling indeed when you make those special trips to the Edwards to retrieve your motor after it’s been subjected to a few weeks of Edwards lovin’

Enjoy matey and looking forward to screaming around Donny with you in a coupla weeks

Con

I kept having more jobs done, just to pi$$ you off

Benja - it’s great to have some popping & banging again

superb job. I like how you can put so many miles on such a beast.

superb job. I like how you can put so many miles on such a beast.

I just love driving it

Any bhp numbersand torque numbers, did you go for the upgraded inlet fannymold??

Superchargers ont the list for me, along with the seats, wheels, yada yada yada

Any bhp numbersand torque numbers, did you go for the upgraded inlet fannymold??

“Standard” manifold. No figures, as it’s running a “safe” map, for the time being. TBH, as long as the bhp ends up around 280, & the torque around 190, I’ll be delighted. Also, I’ll be setting the rev limiter to somewhat less than the usual max of 8800rpm. I want a driveable, reliable car, not one pushing the limits, & the oomph it’s got now feels great - well, on the road, at any rate. I drive it on track for fun, not to race

I never knew what it was making when it was n/a - only time I got it on a rolling road, the darn thing packed up!

Yep, very, very nice indeed. I look forward to seeing it on the 27th.

Con

I kept having more jobs done, just to pi$$ you off

Git

Pesky a.k.a “the bottleneck”

but like another favourite of mine…

I suppose the best things come to those who wait !!

p.s. how do you find the upgraded clutch in comparison to standard ?

p.s. how do you find the upgraded clutch in comparison to standard ?

Con

It’s absolutely fine, very progressive, no probs with steep hill starts etc - the clutch in me Pug 107 is heavier to use(seriously, it is!)

How are you finding the charger then Rob?

Awesome!

Did you have to hack those bits off the clam to fit that roll bar?!

Bloody hell!

Will the roll bar add any added stiffness / rigidity?

Eitherway it looks fantastic and you have wayyyy too much wonga

When can i get a P-ride?

Ta

Yep, replacing the original rollbar involves a fair amount of hacking - as does replacing the rear bulkhead.

Not sure it requires quite that much hacking Rob. The only cutting done on the one I fitted was either at the original joins between sill and bulkhead and down behind the door seal. the only place you can see anything is about half an inch either side at the rear of top of the tub.

Did you get the roll frame from Randy or through MSAR?

Dan@JPS

Hi Dan

How are you coping with the “sleepless nights”, mate?

I suppose one man’s “snip” is another’s “hack”

I bought the rollbar from Randy.

Hope to see you out & about during the year - are you supporting any of the LOT racers?

I clearly didn’t spend enough time looking at your machine on Sunday. Or asking more of the right questions.
What a job! It must be like having a new car all over again.
Don’t worry, the pension fund will soon rebuild itself.

Blimey Rob that looks v v tasty - have you come up trumps on the Euro lottery or sold one of the kids?

Look forward to seeing her on a track soon Rob

\

Blimey Rob that looks v v tasty - have you come up trumps on the Euro lottery or sold one of the kids?

I believe he may have sold one of the kids to a watch testing factory

\

Bloody hell Rob, that�s just absolutely gorgeous - nice one

David

PS. Just a note for the future, if that isn�t buried with you (which I expect it may well be) � I call first dibs

Cutting the bodywork

Anymore stickers and it wont be orange any more

Have they changed the engine mounts?

Nice geo machine btw

Have you altered the setting to something different?