Raising the exiges.com level

No probs andybond :+1:
I’ll up the IG content as I’ve only been posting around once a week. If guys want to add more videos I’d like to include those.

I’ll up the story content too….

I think Exiges started with a group of S1 owners on track and stopping their cars exploding and falling to bits, it was before my time. I think more events could be the way, maybe the strap line is “for the drivers”.

#forthetinkerers

Oh yes it is!

TBH I think exiges.com is picking up at the right sort of rate, I was chatting to Kyle the other week and saying how much I like reading a few of the build / resto threads on here. It’s about the community (oh hell, here he comes with a bloody sermon) - so to everyone posting, hats off because I don’t always comment in the threads but they are very much appreciated. :clap:

I have been a member since 2008 and used to post up quite frequently. But during that time I was lucky enough to have owned 4 Exiges, now I have a 111s that I am slowly upgrading :grin:. Just don’t feel comfortable posting up about an Elise on a Exige forum.
I agree with what other people have said regarding more events, meetings and would be great to have at least one more track day mid to late summer. Would a sprint type event be viable? Could be fun but no idea how you would organise it.
Remember that there is so many Lotus type forums for a low volume car maker, which has a very loyal following so best not to worry too much about forum traffic. I really enjoy reading the threads about upgrades and rebuilds, which will probably become more frequent as these cars get older.

Well said, Pete.

Question: Is exiges.com broke?

If not, don’t try to fix it.

Let’s be honest, these days the propensity of people to complain (like a rash all over social media) means any dissatisfaction with the, site would be up there in lights.

It’s always going to be a niche site simply because that the nature of the subject; we will never have huge membership because of that. Yes, that can limit the range of discussion, but what it might lack in breadth it makes up for (and more) in depth.

I only tend to post if I have - or think I have - something to contribute.

One thing I loathe on many other sites is getting notification of a “new post” only to find it’s just someone posting a ‘yes’ or thumbsup…I like that doesn’t happen much here!

My other pet hate - and again it doesn’t happen much here - is the “quote everything in the previous umpteen posts” post. Why do that? On here it’s great - we’re all bright enough to follow the thread without constant reminders of who-said-what.

So yes, for me it ain’t broke!

Been around here since 2002,

Bit like a fire, if you dont put wood on, it will burn out.

Need to widen the audience, how?, dont ask me - just off to replace the plugs, points and condenser on the Mini.

Does the audience need widening?

Exiges are, by the nature of the car, not a mass-market (mass-interest?) thing; so the audience will always be limited.

As it’s a model rather than a manufacturer, it’s not as if the site can increase its scope to include ‘enthusiasts of…’ and, in any case, that would risk diluting the concentration of useful info.

Widening probably the wrong word, but we need more of the current audience if that makes sense.

It would only take 3 or 4 cars/projects to come to an end here and that would be it, no new posts and it would just become a dusty archive of useful info. Attracting a few more Exige owners is critical to the long term survival of the forum, even if there is a healthy network of friends lurking without posting.

Tiz ages since I have been on here mainly because my rebuild project is finished and due to the obvious have not been anywhere to report on!
I managed 100 miles in the S1 between MOTs so at that rate it will need another rebuild due to lack of use. :open_mouth:
Guess the next move will be selling it .
Pleased to report that at 81 I can still get in and out of it…just.,
Exige does keep me going . And Exiges.com keeps me in touch.
Sadly I believe the new breed of Exigers are not quite the hands on enthusiasts that we were …especially as cars get far more complicated
By moving into the supercar prices Lotus has lost a lot of the enthusiast element of its fan base?
Keep having fun peeple.

Good to hear from you Clive, I’ll have to invite myself over for a coffee again :smile::smile:

Hope you’re keeping well.

Some excellent feedback here chaps. If anyone wants to “come on board” just drop me a PM and I’ll add you to the fold.

I still read every post on here… just don’t have my car back yet to continue any updates… I will as soon as I do

@Fonzey - point taken, more Exige owners with input would be much better than simply more members

@MrBean - like you I didn’t get much S1 mileage over the last year, but then Coronavirus put paid to that (along with work, which was pretty much non-stop…no furlough for me!)

Taking both of these into account, it will be interesting to see how things change once owners have the opportunity to go places and do things. Hopefully that will, in itself, generate more posts.

To be honest like others I like this site for the technical knowledge, projects and lack of drama compared to other forums.

I lurk a lot purely because I use the site for easy reading. I don’t have much to update on my project thread but maybe myself and others should put some effort in to those even if it’s just a photo of “I took it out/cleaned it on the weekend” kind of thing.

I do agree that the S3 owners are less likely to tinker with their cars, but I think that will change the older they get.

Great to hear from you. It has indeed been a long time. Now that you have “broken radio silence” how about updating us about the rebuild . . .?

Just a quickie with regards to the Exiges IG account.

For those that use it, would you like to see anything else/new/different? Always open to ideas….

Nothing to add other than I’m enjoying the posts… and I keep forgetting to tag the account in my posts :blush:

Great account. It’s how I found this place.