Race Dash advice

I have found my AIM MXL is not going to be suited to the Clio which is a real shame, they just don’t support the older CAN protocol the Clio uses.

It does appear I might be able to get a Dash2 Pro to work and do what I want reasonable easily, anyone had experience of these or anything else that could be easily made to work on my Clio

Also this is a shameless plug for selling my AIM setup complete with GPS, Smarty Cam and carbon binnacle to suit an early shape dash.

DASH2 pro are easier to install due to them having all the MOT lights etc not consuming analogue IO

Can you not get a ODB to AIM adaptor?

No sadly they don’t do them, I can wire it analogue to all the sensors, but it will be hard for me. I like the idea of the Dash2 Pro and they say it will work, just don’t want to sink £1k in to find it doesn’t. Anyone got one I can borrow LOL…

JDS made me an OBD adaptor to use the AIM in the V6 (So I can keep the std dash and mileage correct)

Ah now I see what you guys mean, I did try that, sadly the Clio uses a non supported CAN BUS protocol. I even contacted them and they said they could write the software but the market was too small to make it worth it :frowning:

Will it make it faster ?

Nope, I just got used to the AIM in my Exige, to be honest this is all looking to difficult to do, so I might give it a miss

depends on how you calibrate it :laughing: