R/C Exige

Hi, I own a Saab 900 Turbo and not a Lotus. Not a good start for me posting on here then

However my interest in Lotus is this. I work at Hethel (not for Lotus) filling the production line up with nuts and bolts and stuff. I came across this site when i saw a blue exige with a couple of stripes down the middle and tinted windows, parked at Hethel in 2002. I think the plate read P3SKY or something similar, anyway it had an exiges.com sticker on it

My question is this. I have just bought a 1:10 scale exige shell for my radio controlled car and am needing inspiration for painting. Here are some pics from the HPI racing site. [image]HPI Racing Europe - HPI Remote Control - Paris Hotelreservierung
[image]HPI Racing Europe - HPI Remote Control - Paris Hotelreservierung
[image]HPI Racing Europe - HPI Remote Control - Paris Hotelreservierung

Personally i think it looks a bit plain in just black and my Lambo Murcielago shell is black. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what colour(s) to paint the shell. I have thought about the Lotus Elise Type 25 which is green and 2 yellow stripes, and doing it the opposite of that.

By the way, if anyone from Norfolk wants to take me for a blast in their car i would be most grateful I have sat in a VX220 Turbo and an Esprit but never an Elise nor an Exige. Thanks for any ideas

Welcome!

and may I say Wow!, those pics and that car are awesome!
I knew someone did these shells for RC, if I was into RC, these are def. the ones I would have.
I woud go for black, as it is. Looks good in yellow too! and in silver, and blue, and in titanium.

I came across this site when i saw a blue exige with a couple of stripes down the middle and tinted windows, parked at Hethel in 2002. I think the plate read P3SKY or something similar, anyway it had an exiges.com sticker on it

That would be our own ambassador Pesky, but I’m sure he’ll promptly introduce himself.
Check out the events section and I’m sure you can catch some of us at some event.

Hi rage

As Uldis says, that was me, but it would have been early May 2003 when I was at the factory with Russ, JohnO & Lord Whitter.

Thanks for the pics of the r/c cars, the website has loads of other great model Elise racers Here

Yeah come to think about it, it was probably last year time Anyway it did look rather nice

Thanks for the other pic link, just a shame they are all a little bland with their designs. I wanna make something a bit more eye catching.

rage

what about this from the gallery

or there are a few nice ones on the lotusroadsports site

I think Orange would be more eye catching and a classic original Exige colour.

Hey rage, you seen this new S2 Exige yet? What’dya make of it?

Ian

Yeah seen a few, nearly got hit by one in my van too

They make it/add finishing touches to it just a few yards from where my stock is held. Its not really that impressive to be honest, just looks like an S2 Elise with different wheels and a spoiler. Certainly not got S1 Exige attitude.

I’ve had the HPI 1/10th scale kit for a while, I bought it because they did a BMW M Coupe body (as that was what I had at the time.

Few pictures HERE

I think Black looks just perfect

Crikey!!!1
1/10th scale you say…
Guess you’ll need a crane to get the bonnet clips off!!

Yeah seen a few, nearly got hit by one in my van too

They make it/add finishing touches to it just a few yards from where my stock is held. Its not really that impressive to be honest, just looks like an S2 Elise with different wheels and a spoiler. Certainly not got S1 Exige attitude.

Good to know, cheers! Should help keep ours ‘classic’.

Although I’m still keen to drive one and see how it goes!

Ian

Have you seen the rumours on the British Cars BBS that the S2 Exige will have more power? Something like 210bhp perhaps.
I hope this is true. It really needs more power to give it some appeal.

It’ll need it for the extra weight. Jury’s still out.

There was something about dealers getting details of it on Monday.

Ian

Sorry about the delay in getting this done. Not really had the motivation to do it recently. Anyway now its done, not the best job i could have done but its not toooo bad.

[image]http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v82/rage3k/RC_Cars_018.jpg[/image]

Just done a new shell for mine in orange for the Donny show, I’ll take a few pics tomorrow and post. I was going to do it in proper Chrome orange until the paint mixing place told me it was a 2 stage paint so wouldn’t work

rage

thanks for letting us see what you chose to do… tell me tho’ why haven’t you chopped the body fixing posts down tho’ ?

err yeah hadn`t gotten around to doing that either
Also its a bit of a job to get the shell off and on due to me crashing it into a forklift at work, making a bit of a mess of the Murcielago shell i had just finished at the time As you can see the front posts are a bit bent.

here’s a picture of my recently completed HPI car.

The screen hasn’t been cut up yet until after the Donny show.
CLICK HERE

Mark

not permitted to view this forum i’m afraid - even tho i’m logged into SELOC…

Same for me…