purchasing a 4x4

Don’t get a Cherokee, you will regret it!

the roads arn’t that bad!!

I bet you can find some like it if you really look . Just as you look for the smaller twisty routes when going somewhere in the Exige, then you look for smaller unmade ones when out in a LandRover.

The two vehicles really do compliment each other and help to keep you off the motorways.

What about a Scooby Forester? Half decent to drive, expensive to fix mind.

Ian

If you don’t need a big 4x4 have a look at a Suzuki Vitara - you can get two or four door versions and they are bullet proof (currently on my 3rd - in fact sold one for �2750 in March which had only 80k on the clock). They are agricultural (not as much as a Landy mind!) and are actually quite capable off road but don’t consume anywhere near the fuel of the bigger 4x4s.

Cheers
Steve

Actually, I’ll second that…they are very popular at my local off road centre and go amazingly well due to their structural strength and lightness - the sort of thing Colin Chapman might have done if he had ever got hold of a LandRover…and they used to be built at the Spanish LandRover manufacturing plant so do contain some LR DNA.

Hold on a minute before you shoot me down but regarding suzuki my old girl has a jimny and i have to say it is the muts nuts in the slippery stuff. We just changed it for a new auto version and dumped our old one (Y reg 20K on clock) for 3.5 K, it might be small and girlie but it makes me smile, just like the exige!!