Proper fast

Took some incar footage in the Nissan whilst testing on Friday and here it is. We were struggling a bit with a duff shock so the cornering/braking wasn’t quite as good as usual but it gives you the idea…

http://www.team-scandal.com/Videos/P1000708.MOV

Its a pretty big file (250meg) so you will need a quick connection or lots of patience.

Enjoy .

Whooaaaaa - well worth the wait

Seconded, worth the wait. The performance differential getting out of that thing and into yer Exige must be like me getting out my Exige and getting in a Smart

Now double gutted that the featured beast will not make it to Croft? I take it you are still making it Randy and that it is only the Nissan that has got logistical issues???

Glad you guys liked the vid. First time I’ve done any in car footage and I was quite pleased with how well it came out especially as the camera used is only a stills camera with a limited video option.

I’ll be there at Croft, just the Nissan that won’t be able to make it . Unfortunately the shocks have to come apart now so any remaining chances of the car making it have now diminished .

Randy,

Let me know the next time you have it out on a test as I’d like to come along and see it in action, I think a few guys at work would also like to see it.

That is one fast car!

Chris, I enjoyed that!

What speed were you hitting on the start/finish? Made me laugh the speed with which you were catching what appeared to be some pretty interesting machinery (although, and sorry AndyD, the mini looked a little out classed!)

I like Silverstone. It’d be a great place for an Exiges.com day if we could get it for a sensible price (I did try once but it fell through).

Ian

sorry AndyD, the mini looked a little out classed!)

Yeah - I was suprised as well

Some super smooth driving there Randy, that car just seems to have infinite amounts of grip available, on the line off the line it’s just glued to the track. Thanks for the vid it really is great to see and hear something like that in action.

Mind bending stuff

KINELL. Awesome
John

Ian- according to the PI was hitting 163 on the start/finish straight. We had a couple of probs on Friday so I wasn’t as quick as I would have liked to be. The knackered front shock stopped me from braking/turning at the same time and I couldn’t do my usual turbo trick of 100% throttle coming into the corners to get the boost wound up.

The other issue we have with the car is porpuising, which is massively exacerbated by the front shock. We run 7000lb springs on the front so when one of them lets go you know about it. At one point I was overtaking into Abbey chicane and the car was jumping up and down so violently that my arse was a good couple of inches off the seat!! A trained eye would notice that I�m braking very early at the end of hanger straight, into Abbey and into copse (where you can notice a small amount of porpoising on the vid) this is to stop the front of the car hitting the ground and the ensuing pogo jumps!

The best 8 minutes of my life, so far tonight !!

Loved it to bits - the straights seem so much shorter !!!

The best 8 minutes of my life, so far tonight !!

Loved it to bits - the straights seem so much shorter !!!

Don’t need to tell you about turbo power .

Mine still doesn’t go like that !!!

Eyup,

That looked like a right old hoot, can you point me to some pics of the car from the outside?

http://www.groupc-gtpracing.com/caranddriver/nissanrandallc.htm

Aha, that’s what I thought it was. That’s the original colour isn’t it? Or have I lost the plot? Seem to remember watching them on Eurosport, or was it Screensport back then.

Took some incar footage in the Nissan whilst testing on Friday and here it is. We were struggling a bit with a duff shock so the cornering/braking wasn’t quite as good as usual but it gives you the idea…

http://www.team-scandal.com/Videos/P1000708.MOV >

Its a pretty big file (250meg) so you will need a quick connection or lots of patience.

Enjoy .

Has the file gone or been moved?

looks like it…

any chance of reposting it Randy ?