Problem fitting Soft Top

(Dont read this Pesky, it’ll only upset you)

I am having a problem fitting an Elise soft top that I bought on ebay (maybe thats the problem, but I doubt it)

When I position the soft top ready to click in place over the side windows, the cable that runs from side to side meets the body work at the back and will scratch the rear clam … Has anyone else had this problem ?

I have had some success by undoing the bracket that the cable attaches to, and dremelling down the captive nut underneath slightly. Its just about there now, but still less than a gnats whisker before it scratches the paintwork.

I could photograph what I mean if it would help.

A pic would help but…

When you align the roof ready to click in place do you check the seating of the cables over the windscreen & rollbar first, as they should just slot onto the rubber seals that a re shared with the hardtop fitting (I have the 111R)

yes the cables slot in ok, and the windscreen edge is not a problem, its here in the pic where it is so very close to the roll bar cover
[image]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/sjw11/Lotus/CIMG0012.jpg[/image]

Yo
You are putting it on the right way round ?
Got mine on ebay and it was very tight, but fit the left hand side 1st making sure the metal lead goes down into grooove at front.

John

Its just about there now, but still less than a gnats whisker before it scratches the paintwork.

Well, I’ve just fitted my soft top & I’d say yours is fine. Mine has about the same clearence & in nearly 3 years there’s hardly a mark on the roll bar cover. There’s barely any clearence, just as your pic shows & you should be ok

John,
Yes I am putting it on the right way round
Tim,
Thanks for your view, I think I still need to take some more out below the bracket, and then perhaps a small offcut of armourfend in the channel would help.
It is sooooo very close though, and I have already nicked the body work slightly