Private buyer is looking for an Exige S1

HI Guys,

if you know someone who wants to sell his S1 Exige, pls let me know.

It must be a MY 2000 and pls no silver.

Thanks

BR
Lars

Supercharged Honda S1. Extensive refurbishment all the right bits and upgrades . 2 owners from new .
Pm for more data
No idea why the pix are sideways …they are ok on my file

Thanks, but i want something more original.

Still on the hunt!

Car must be first registered in 2000. Pls let me know if you think about selling.

It will come in a good home surrounded by Lotus.

Lars

Why does it need to be 2000 year reg?

As i want to register it in germany, it has to be registered 2000 or earlier because of the emissions.

Mine’s for sale - right year - but it’s the colour you don’t want.

HI Stuh,

i would like to know more about your car.

PM sent

Hi Lars - details are in the a post from last year

No miles since then really. Just had a cam belt service and new MOT (no advisories).
Looking for realistic offers (ignore the price in the link - reality has kicked in :wink:) - but haven’t advertised it for a while.
Happy to provide more info if required.
cheers,
Stu

Hi Lars,

I registered my car in Germany although it has been first registered in January 2001. Before buying the car I checked it with the Straßenverkehrsamt (car registration authority in Germany) and they said it would be no problem if it is imported from another EU country where it has been registered (even after 2000). You may contact me via PM if you need more details.

Klaus

Klaus,

I have been in contact with Lars as I think all S1 Exiges will have a model year on the vin of 2000 or earlier. My car is on a 51 (late 2001) plate but the model year on the vin is Y which is 2000. Lars and I have also discussed that not all Exiges have CoC and I believe non CoC modifications, for example Nitrons, will be a problem. So he needs a car which has a CoC, is 2000 or earlier and no obvious modifications.

Is that all correct? I’m keen to know as one of my Exiges needs to go before the winter and I can see the export market perking up if the pound does a dive in November.

Keith

Keith,

this is my (limited) knowledge about registering a car in Germany:

• the CoC paper is of paramount importance: no CoC paper - no registration (at least without getting creative :angel: ). This is not true for older cars before the introduction of the CoC within the EU.

• the model year is irrelevant for the whole registration process. Except maybe for very old cars without any paper work.

• important is the date the car was first registered for road use. Lars is right when he states that beginning with January 2001 all new cars being registered need to fulfil Euro 3. As the Exige only fulfils Euro 2 it can’t be registered for road use for the first time after that date. But, as I’ve written above, if it has been registered for road use within the EU before (even after the 1.1.2001) it can be registered in Germany. At least this was the case with my car but I’m not 100% sure if it will always work. Better check this yourself with your registration authority.

• smaller technical modifications like different shocks shouldn’t be a problem but big changes like a Honda conversion can be a challenge. But this is true for all cars in Germany so this is not related to importing cars and registering them. You just don’t get the TÜV approval (like MOT) which you need to register the car (again without getting creative). So technical modifications are no principal registration hurdle.

What I’ve heard the registration process in France is much tougher where the car needs to be 100% CoC compliant.

Klaus

Thats what i did. I called them and that’s why i am so restricted.

I spoke to a lot lot of guys around and many said its luck if it goes through.

So, i don’t want to take the risk to have a car without licence plates.

Very wise.

Lars did you find S1 Exige?