Potential New Owner needs advice

quote:Originally posted by simon: will re-enter realms of reality soon![/B]No you won’t [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image] [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]

It was quite clear on the back. It was just below the rear light on the drivers side about 2 inches across. Basically it looked like it had been hit slightly. HRO said it was a simple touch up, but fact of the matter is that it needed cutting back into the bodywork. The sills had also taken quite a battering at the rear with the bodywork starting to wear through on the outer edge.I didn’t even bother taking it for a drive as the car looked like it had done 20K miles when I think it only had 5K on the clock.I had seen about three prior to this, and theirs was the worst by far! I was not impressed with it considering how much they wanted. If it were me, ask for a respray, get the crack on the rear fixed, new drivers lamps (I mean why are they displaying the car with broken ones!)and refix the drivers side hheadlight cover. Then it might be worth it!If you can come up with the cash buy one from a forum member that has already had things like the 190 upgrade done to it. You should easily find one for 23K. Dealers are going out about 2K more than this. I got mine last Friday and ‘think’ I was quite lucky, finding a '51 in laser blue within a week. And yes, it was the first one I saw, but it all seemed to be together and has never been tracked, so I hope it will be ok.Great car though so highly recommend it.

right, can I have some opinions on how this sounds, especially from ADL who has seen the car.�23k, and they will respray the front, sides and wing damage, replace the side pods, replace the front driving lights, replace the poorly fitted headlamp cover, repair the damage to the rear, sort out new tyres and brakes, put in the radio fitting kit, complete the next service and fit stoneguard protection.What do you think?

Bloody hell! Wasn’t the car up for about 24K?So they have dropped the price by a grand and are going to do all the work on it? Not bad, not bad at all!Would ask them to spray the sills whilst they are at it (on the inside as they are scuffed) and even try to get the carbon sill protectors out of them to stop it happening again (or at least get them cheaper) Judging by the smell inside the car (it smelt dank) ask for an air freshner too!Is there anything they are not going to spray (except for the spoiler)?One thing I did forget to mention is check the wheel condition. They looked ok, but I seem to remember they may have some corrosion formed from the brake dust eating into them. It might have been dirt on the top where they had not been cleaned properly, but worth checking as tatty wheels always look bad on a tidy car.If it drives ok, and they do a good job on getting the body work up together (ie they sand the stone chips back rather than just respray over them) I would think it will be pretty much near to a mint car.Furthermore, new brakes, tyres and pads must be banging on 1K’s worth or work.Add to this, you might get some form of warranty out of them, and it fits into your budget for financing it, I would think it is not too bad a deal, especially from a garage.

EliseBoy,I think I’ve driven this car before, then I bought a far better looking, tidy one from Nick Whale in Birmingham. HRO’s car drove well, though. The sales chappy said that it was the best one they had in a long time - jeez!My questin is why the hell didn’t HRO fix the car up in the first place before putting it on the forecourt? [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image]I wonder what their after-sales service is like? Kev.

3 Exiges on Pistonheads Classified at the mo. 2 private, but one at dealers (Oxford area) - looks from photos nice car (anyone seen it in the flesh?), nice spec Laser Blue �22.5k - phone nos 01869 325551/07753 610240 - contact Jack Davis. Might be worth a call if only to assist negotiations with HR.