Post deleted by Admin5

Simon, don’t worry too much about these comments or Simon’s behaviour. Better let go.
I have read the same on Seloc, and although he quotes me and some other curious blokes would like to know about the end result of my engine (nothing wrong, just curious) I decided just not to reply. Nothing good will come out of that.

He will predictably defend his choice of developing that kit, previously for Blink and now for Maidstone (others?). As any salesman he will try to convince that the conversion makes sense.
Nothing wrong with the Honda engine, I still say it’s excellent! but that ir makes sense to change from a VHPD for �10K? Sorry, but not to everybody.

And everybody is entitled to their opinion.
I say there are ways and ways of comunicating though.

No doubt this will still open a can of worms, so I will not post anymore about it.

Well Simon does make life interesting!

He’s got a lot of experience with Elises but it’s a shame his contributions tend to get lost in the delivery and attitude. I believe that’s the reason, rightly or wrongly, he was invited not to post on Exiges.com.

Ian

I don’t see why you should complain at Simon, all he is being is honest.

It�s important to have a balanced outlook anyway especially when some of your comments are pretty outrageous.

Randy

you said it yourself… balanced outlook…

Anyway after maddening delays waiting for bits, two very basic reworkings of VHPDs will be running around soon and some more developed engines before christmas I hope.
simon

And I’m happy to say that one of them is mine.
Would have gone for a slightly higher output but couldn’t wait any longer.
Still, this basic reworking is going to be pretty good, should showcase how with minimum investment you can have a pretty decent engine.

Randy
Well thats the point - he’s not being honest, and I’m told he does have a commercial connection with maidstone[?]- which is calling the kettle black!

I don’t think anyone can accuse Simon of being dishonest. Blunt, outspoken and possibly rude but not dishonest.

Yes he does have a commercial interest with Maidstone, he designed the whole conversion, he also designed the conversion for Blink if you are interested. You will notice that you don’t hear him banging on about his accomplishments on internet forums though as they tend to speak for themselves.

I think all his, and most other peoples complaints about the K are still justified whatever you say.

I’m very much looking forward to seeing some of your work in action though, along with invoices and man hours spent to get there.

I’m very much looking forward to seeing some of your work in action though, along with invoices and man hours spent to get there. [/quote]

me too i cant wait would love to do an engine up grade but cost plays a big part as well as i would like to keep it original ie k lump rightly or wrongly

Anyway after maddening delays waiting for bits, two very basic reworkings of VHPDs will be running around soon and some more developed engines before christmas I hope.
simon

And I’m happy to say that one of them is mine.
Would have gone for a slightly higher output but couldn’t wait any longer.
Still, this basic reworking is going to be pretty good, should showcase how with minimum investment you can have a pretty decent engine.

Hmmmm, to sum up then. We have two “very basic reworkings of a VHPD” that might make 200 BHP and “some more developed engines before Christmas”

I thought the main thrust of Simom E’s arguement was that there was nothing wrong with the basic engine and that 240 BHP was easy and cheap. If all the problems were to do with poor engine building how come it’s taking a couple of months or more just to get the bits to make make this “basic engine” And why is it only going to make modest power that’s already been done before ?

As for the “more developed” engine by Chistmas, what spec is this engine going to be ? And again what’s the delay if all it needs is skilled assembly and “blueprinting” ?

Bernard

To make this a fair forum I beleive SimonS should be allowed back to post again. Its a bit wrong to air greviences publicly if the person has been banned and cant defend their comments.

Since he’s unable to respond to this post, I’m going to lock this thread.