Possible to exchange from RHD to LHD????

It seems like much easier (and better price) to buy a RHD car than LHD. Do anyone know companies rebuilding the car to LHD and an app. price for such a conversion?

I would think that it would be cheaper and easier to just buy a LHD on the continent. I used the internet and the guys at Lotus Sport to find a LHD 190 Sport in Germany. As far as converting a RHD - LHD, give the guys at Bell & Colvill a call. I know that they did a similar conversions to a 340R a while back (not sure about an Elise). They will know who to ask.Regards,Ross quote:Originally posted by rdannebo:It seems like much easier (and better price) to buy a RHD car than LHD. Do anyone know companies rebuilding the car to LHD and an app. price for such a conversion?

Thank You, do you have mailadress for Lotus sport germany. Have you ever heard about Exiges with papers showing 88 kw engine? There is such a car in Belgium, is this an original car

From Lotus, I got alot of initial help from the head of the Lotus owners group at the time, Mr. John Morgan. He is no longer there, but I am sure that the current OLC coordinator Ms. Claire Stasiak would be helpful. She is a charming lady and very responsive. Her email = [email protected] and her phone is 01953 608348. I also received help from the Lotus Motorsport Division because I was tracking down a 190 Sport (which are pretty rare, especially in LHD). In your case, I am not so sure that they would be much good.The German connection was a dealership called Brandes & Dsch�dow GmbH. The owner of the dealership was the one that originally bought the 190 Sport from Lotus as a personal track car. If you want to drop them a line, try Mr. Michael Schmand.Brandes & Dsch�dow GmbH Altenberger Str. 34 D - 48161 M�nster-Nienberge Tel. (0049) 2533 / 534 Fax (0049) 2533 / 538 [email protected] www.brandes-dschuedow.de Good luck quote:Originally posted by rdannebo:Thank You, do you have mailadress for Lotus sport germany. Have you ever heard about Exiges with papers showing 88 kw engine? There is such a car in Belgium, is this an original car

Thank You very much. I have with your help continued to seek. - By the way look at my homepage in Norway www.rally.no - great fun driving Subaru in rally, - but looking forward to an Exige on the “small roads”.