Porsche GT3 RS vs S1 Lotus Exige 190

Well I have done my first trackday and a good time was had by all . Firstly, bad luck to steve green whose exige decided to not play at all . Right, I really expected to pass some cars and get passed by a lot more. How wrong, everyone should drive an exige at least once. I am absolutely in awe of how it handles, brakes (now sorted), and how fast 190 hp can feel. The way the little fooker corners is obscene !!

Me and my bro were driving for about 4 hours in total (changed from sessioned to open pit lane) and the little beast did what it does best, destroyed scoobies, skylines, caterhams and westfields (!! big surprise !!).

Climax of the day … well I had a 10 lap race with a Porsche GT3 RS . Firstly, this is one of my all time favourite cars . Secondly, well he came second . If anyone would like to see the movie I am thinking of posting it up on www.fastdrive.org (44mb).

Some pictures of elvington can be found here … Piccies

Trackdays rock, if you have an exige and havent tracked it please, please, go do it now …

David

pics definitely show you have got it cornering hard…well done…did your tyres last a whole day then?

Someone had an even worse day than me - saw on the Bookatrack forum that someone nicked over �600 worth of tools from the Cossie Trannie!

Blink did me a real favour and took my car away it their transporter - nows thats a real piece of kit…and are (hopefully) going to deliver it back again fixed at the next Elvington in a month - that’s what I call a quality service!

cheers steve, good news about your car. The bookatrack and blink guys have got it well sorted, even the food was reasonable …

My fronts are completly shagged (big roles of rubber all over the place), how much am I looking at for 2 new A039 fronts ?

Bad news about the theft, is nothing safe from the little fcukers.

Hopefully doing elvington again on 2nd october.

DSE

glad you enjoyed it… no going back now…

let us know if you post yer video…

If anyone would like to see the movie I am thinking of posting it up on > www.fastdrive.org > (44mb).

Have you posted it yet? I couldn’t see it.

Ian

Yes, please! I wanna see it

Ok guys you can get the video here

A couple of notes …

My brother is filming (and talking shite) from the track side because my in car video got cooked on the day !!

Its not the most interesting video you will see this year, however, it was the most adrenaline inducing laps of a circuit I have ever driven (both bikes and cars) . The buzz I got when the porsche indicated to let me through will live with me for sometime , I think the exige was the only car to overtake him all day.

Why do cameras remove all sense of speed , weird. I was watching the touring cars at the weekend and they look like they are going really slowly on TV. I dont get it, any scientists online ?

I think Peter Dumbreck ( DTM @ Zandvoort) probably knew what speed he was going

…The buzz I got when the porsche indicated to let me through will live with me for sometime :cool…

I’m not surprised! I’ve never seen a Porsche driver move over for anybody before I think I’ve only ever passed a Porsche on track by pushing my way through a little bit forcefully.

Nice video though. Shame about the in-car footage

“Peter Dumbreck survived a spectacular crash in the 24th lap. He veered off-course going into the start and finish and with a speed of some 200 kph rammed into a stack of tyres set up in front of the crash barrier. His car somehow got hooked in and flipped over several times. The bodywork was destroyed in the process.”

See here couldn’t find a pic.

Ouch!

Ian

Ok guys you can get the video > here >

“Peter Dumbreck survived a spectacular crash in the 24th lap. He veered off-course going into the start and finish and with a speed of some 200 kph rammed into a stack of tyres set up in front of the crash barrier. His car somehow got hooked in and flipped over several times. The bodywork was destroyed in the process.”

See here > couldn’t find a pic.

Ouch!

Ian

ai’nt he the dude with the airborne merc at le mans a couple of years ago… ? not much luck given out to him…

had a swatch DSE…

looks very safe and very flat… i never saw a track where you could watch the complete cct from one vantage point

I used to own a swatch and lost it when I was younger, how did you know ? it wasnt you who nicked it was it ?

Video link seems to have died…can you sort it please?

Cheers - Carttman