Poll - Should Certain Topics or People be Banned?

You can ban me if you like…this forum is useless anyway.

I’m trying to work out why someone would use a forum they consider useless. It’s like returning to a restaurant where you hate the food. Very strange.

however, they seem to get banned for putting out the message certain people did not what to here.

(For those readers who haven’t worked it out, AES is Amanda Scuffhams login)…

The reasons for the bans has been covered before.

UPDATE : Rather than vapourise threads that have gone pear shaped and losing that scintilla of useful information buried deep in 10 pages of rants, I’ve created a Muppet Threads for when threads go bad, so that people can still search them if need be.

I think it is the accusations, personal abuse and partonising tone that is offensive and uncessary. Deleting posts that are offensive and patronising rather than banning the contributors would be my choice.

For me the posts contain a lot of usefull information. There is clearly many methods and views on the best way to improve the engine in the Exige. As a result there will clearly be differences of opinion and debate. I would rather keep the posts provided that, where possible, they mare informative and contain detailed accurate and complete technical specifications and information on price and are not offensive.

In my opionion the parties have contributed usefull information on improving the Exige power plant and make interesting and valuable contributions. Marketing, advertising, unsubstatiated claims and personal abuse make the posts irritating to read.

excellent decision sysop!

I’m new here, but i’ve spent a while moderating and helping out on other car clubs.

I’m strongly against banning and moderating threads, but unfortunately sometimes it’s neccessary. I’ve not seen them but are there clear rules on what can and can’t be posted here? If a post contravenes them it must be moderated. That could be for commercial reasons, to protect the forum from legal action, or probably most importantly, to prevent personal attacks.

If you’ve got some rules, and they are abused the poster can only really expect one outcome.

I would say that while the attitude can be unfortunate, i find the technical content of a lot of even these difficult threads interesting and worth consideration. It’d be a shame to lose the experince of these people, exige is a very a limited car with very few experts.