Polishing/cleaning

Have just taken delivery of an azure blue standard exige for our “car club” at work and wish to know how best to keep it clean and remove any scratches from the paintwork Any ideasGary

Congratulations on the car, I’m sure you’ll all be fighting over it once you realise just how good it is! [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image] WRT car care, the usual really! A lot of people regard the Auto Glymm range of products to be the best there are, and there are certainly a significant number of manufacturers and exhibitors who rely on their range. As far as relatively normally priced products go, I too consider Auto Glymm to be the best; IMHO there’s certainly a noticeable improvement in quality and results over other products I’ve used, even on items that you might think were going to be comparable from one manufacturer to the next. However, I regard the ultimate to be the Xymol range of products, although you do pay for the privilege (how does �100+ for a small tub of wax grab you?). Like most things in life though, you get what you pay for.Unfortunately, one thing you will have to accept though is that the Exige does suffer very badly from stone chips, and to a lesser extent general wear and tear. The only real way to prevent the extensive paint damage that we all encounter is to cover the entire car in Armourfend, but that is expensive and not to everyone’s liking. However, you should definitely fit the (just released) rear clam protection strips before they start receding!Let us know how you get on with your new car. [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]

Where do these oft heard of rear clam protectors fit.

Many thanks for your comments. We have already racked up 900 miles so it is proving quite popular. Already tales of leaving a 911 standing,boxsters PAH, Audi TT’s shameful

quote:Originally posted by Reg:Where do these oft heard of rear clam protectors fit.They’re U shaped rubber strips that fit over the leading edge of the rear clam where it protrudes in a forward pointing direction, just below the trailing edge of the doors. I’ve seen it on a few cars now, and although not the prettiest fix in the world, it does seem to work. However, it doesn’t really go high enough up, and so doesn’t protect the area immediately behind the trailing edges of the doors. Still, a move in the right direction, as the area of the clam that it protects really does start receding from impact damage after a while.Gary: Nice to know you running it in gently! [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image]

If the Zymol stuff is a little too pricy for you, may I suggest you look at www.waxwizard.com. Better still speak to Mark Underwood - the waxwizard himself. Pay him enough and he’ll even visit and clean/wax your car!His wax is also Carnaburra (spelling??), like Zymol, infact I seem to remember him being linked with Zymol then starting his own range up.For the interested, Carnaburra is a shiny wax that is also applied to foodstuffs. Have a look at a pack of M&Ms and see what makes them shine!(Admin5 might know a little about Waxwizard too as WW sold a lot to Scooby owners.)