PistonHeads on Exiges.com

In his short time with us, I think Matt Bird from PH managed to discern what it’s all about for many of us.

Well done Benja, you have converted him :clap:

Hehe, I hope you told him that even the police know you and Sean :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice article. 17 years :slight_smile:

I remember getting in the blue one at the dealers in Sydney in 2001. Same as later with my first Evora drive; instantly sold. Well done Ben, and thanks to all the gang. It was brilliant.

Excellent!

Shame about the bloody weather!.. but I do recall driving in warm Spring sunshine one year, to snow on the way to Anglesey the next!

But the constant through all those years is the ‘Exigeerness’… as Pesky often described it! A love of the cars, passion, companionship, banter, beers, … curry!

Great stuff guys! Look froward to catching up!

Cheers,

Pete :>)

Well done Ben and thanks again.

Keith

Great write up, and deservedly. Good work Ben :clap:

Excellent Ben. Really nice guy Matt.

"Ben Phillips was my guide for the weekend, a long-term Exige owner and prominent figure in this owners club. Sadly with his Exige S1 still being worked on, Ben had his Seven R300 race car taken to Anglesey and arrived in his E63. You know, the 585hp rear-wheel drive one. You’d like Ben.

Having spent all of 10 minutes with him, you get an insight into what makes owners clubs like Exiges.com so appealing: everybody knows Ben, Ben knows everybody, and they all have stories to share and conversations to catch up on."

:laughing: :smiley:

Ps. E63S, tsch, you’d think they’d know their cars.

The day before was dry and very pleasant and as I approached Bets I had a clear road ahead of me, for the first time ever. Usually there’s something to slow down the fun twists that run down to it…although on one occasion directly in front of me there was a brightly coloured (albeit pre-green) S1 giving the tarmac a real going over (one of those sections where fun and legal combine).

You were with me in spirit Pete! :smiley:

The hardships I suffer,…I don’t know how I cope some days :unamused:

Lol. Think of how much fuel you would have used if you had taken your Exige, and saved by going in your Merc.

Doh!! :sunglasses:

Cheers Ian!

I know that bit of ‘twisty’ road down into Betws very well mate! I had my Alfa-Sud for a while whist flying out of RAF Valley… great car visited that tarmac many times!

Good on you for having a ‘clear run’ :clap: :sunglasses: Outstanding! Envious!

I reckon even now, you could have a great week of ‘clear road driving’, in and around North Wales! Especially early morning! One of my plans for the Evora on my return in just 2 weeks! :smiley:

I just use the AA for my fuel saving. :frowning:

Well done Ben and to all you chaps for that PH article.
Oh and Pete, my old man has a Sud still, 1983 1.5ti green cloverleaf. You don’t see many out there!

:laughing:

On the take-it-easy return leg the Merc did 26mpg which I thought was pretty reasonable for an ocean liner :thumbup:

26 mpg ??
U need shooting Ben !
Eddie The Eagle :slight_smile: