Pesky look away (soft-top question)

Does anyone know anywhere I could get a soft-top to use on my S2 Exige (when it arrives!) other than from Lotus? Obviously I’m having a look on fleabay etc, but surely there must be someone who makes replacecments?

Cheers

Your best bet is second hand, either flea bay or the seloc/exiges/pistonheads etc classified. or breakers, I got a vx 220 hood, bag and rods for �200 a couple of years ago.

Gav

I thought WillB on SELOC made an aftermarket soft top for S2 Exiges ??

Does anyone know anywhere I could get a soft-top to use on my S2 Exige (when it arrives!) other than from Lotus? Obviously I’m having a look on fleabay etc, but surely there must be someone who makes replacecments?

Cheers

All you need is a standard S2 short tail soft-top, and the two grommits from Lotus (�5 ish). I have a fitting guide if you need it.

fitting guide would be great, i’ll PM you my email address.

Used cars for sale | PistonHeads UK Here’s one on Pistonheads.

yeah, I have emailed that guys… but sounds a bit dodgy tbh… not a very straight answer to my questions…

Possibly a tad expensive. I paid �375 for a new double-lined top with the grommets included.

There always seems to be a few come up at this time of year too.

You can pay up to �500 for an Elise soft top on ebay.
They quite often crop up.
I have ‘converted’ my Exige. Any questions please ask.
Spent some time measuring the position of the holes that you need to put in the rear roll bar cover to take the ‘grommets’.
Just take those measurements from a normal Elise, and have a steady hand with the drill/dremel.
Link to fittment guide