'PalmerSport' sequential six speed g/box

Link

Anyone driven one of these and can comment on the paddle shift?

Assuming it would have to be ultra reliable so what have they used and would it also mount in a Honda’d Exige?

[quote=stevegreen] Link

Anyone driven one of these and can comment on the paddle shift?

Assuming it would have to be ultra reliable so what have they used and would it also mount in a Honda’d Exige?

[/quote]

Hmmmm

Very interesting …

The 500 uses a SAVEV 6 speed sequential box … suspect the Honda may use a similar unit.

UPDATE

EVO NEWS CAR REVIEWS DATA VIDEOS FEATURES BUY NEW USED CARS BUYING GUIDES TRACKDAYS COMMUNITY WIN 3 ISSUES FOR �1 SHOP FORZA 4 Search evo REGISTER LOGIN
Free Newsletter
News: evo News
Palmersport buys Ariel Atom fleet
Palmersport, the team behind the Bedford Autodrome, buy a bunch of Ariel Atoms for track events
By Roger Green15th December 2011
Palmersport has bought a fleet of Ariel Atoms. The company owns a number of UK race circuits, including Bedford Autodrome, evo�s second home. It�s where we do all our track testing, in between the corporate and private guests enjoying a Palmersport event. Currently anyone taking part in those gets to razz around in M3s, single-seaters, JP-LM prototypes and Caterhams; a list the Atom has just been added to.

These Atom 3s will have a unique spec, being powered by the normally aspirated 2-litre Type-R motor, but mated to the Sadev 6-speed sequential gearbox that we�ve praised so highly when fitted in the V8 Atom. They will also feature dual controls to allow the instructors some say in their destination.

Wasnt going to be Scuffhams unit was it :wink:

JAS Motorsport Italy use the STR3 box with Civic applications … the V98 Atom uses a ST90-14 which is also chosen by Nitron for their Toyota engined N2, using Geartronics pneumatic shifting system - same as Scuffham is using on his box.

So I guess there is enough experience if you have the cash …

fancy a go in that, kinda like a poor mans atom v8 really

This one?

I know the two Aussie care are running the eliseparts box. Jamie is fitting one too.

St90-14 is what the factory use in the Toyota cars,

[quote=Middo]This one?

I know the two Aussie care are running the eliseparts box. Jamie is fitting one too. [/quote]

Pretty sure that was a SADEV box … in that video

SADEV recommend 2000 KM service intervals and quite a few parts changed at that point …

Ive seen the Aussie cars running the Eliseparts box … looked and sounded good and the results speak for themselves …

Might be of interest to someone:

http://www.motorsport-sales.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=321&products_id=2689

There’s my morning gone surfing that site…

Already seen that… Would cost you the same again for all the bits to make it work on a lotus, adapter plate, clutch, driveshafts, ecu, shifter, etc etc…

I ws over at nitron the other day, those sadev units are quite small

Hmmmm nuts, did they have biscuits too :wink: