Palmer buys Octogan circuits

Bridge is undoubtedly one of the greatest corners on any circuit in the world and probably ideal for a spirited effort in an Exige - it’s just that I have an aversion to the concrete wall on the inside at the exit of Bridge

Regards

it’s just that I have an aversion to the concrete wall on the inside at the exit of Bridge

Not as great as the aversion found at the Invicta factory

I have an aversion to the concrete wall on the inside at the exit of Bridge

I’d be surprised if the Exige would make it that far. Something would have to be horribly wrong! By the time you’re in trouble you should be half way round the bend and well clear of an angle that’d take you to the wall (as demonstrated by Mika in the rain a few years ago, a lovely couple of 360os).

Are you really speaking from experience??

Ian

ps. That’d be spins, not the latest slow Ferrari!

I have an aversion to the concrete wall on the inside at the exit of Bridge

I’d be surprised if the Exige would make it that far. Something would have to be horribly wrong!

When I work out how to edit my in car digital footage, I’ll post a file showing just how horribly wrong I can get it exiting Bridge with a bootful of loud pedal and getting far to close to that inside wall for comfort. My only excuse was that it was in near standing water conditions!

[quote

Ian

[/quote]

Yes! .Pesky’s reference to Invicta is spot on! But…I wasn’t driving.

Go here or here for details

Regards

Ouch!

Was this against the wall on the inside of the bend (ie. big oversteer)?

Ian

Yes, big oversteer (270 spin), LHF crunch , spin 180, Rear end crunch , spin 180, stop in middle of track, composites everywhere, driver in hospital with cracked vertebra and me walking around uninjured with my clipboard saying “Why me, why me???”

Regards

The clipboard was not injured badly then Mike

The clipboard was not injured badly then Mike

LOvL!!!

Although somebody got hurt, so it’s less funny. Not too bad I assume?

Ian

Driver is now almost fully recovered although he did have to wear a neck cage for a few months

Regards