Painted S2 brake caliper price?

hey, does anyone have any idea of what a dealer would charge to paint the break calipers on the S2? im thinking of getting mine done yellow (car is black) i think the 240R has this? Thanks

If you look on the Lotus site they swap painted ones for yours think it would be a better option than let your dealer do it (you might as well do it if you are going to get the dealer to). Let us all know if you get a price from Lotus

You will get stuffed by the dealer for painted calipers. Make sure you’re sitting down before they tell you the price.
If you have to do it then Halfords paint and a small brush will do the job. Not convinced my any colour other than black though.

I had a look at the 240R at the Shelsley Walsh Centenery hillclimb. I wasn’t impressed with the yellow calipers. The quality looked rubbish, I’m afraid. Painted calipers can look good, especially the massive ones on Ferarris and Porsches, but I can’t imagine our tiny calipers (particularly the rears) looking very good. As Steve says, black would be fine.

Brendan I thought the same about the Shelsley 240R.

It looked like a kid had done it with some airfix paint.

Brendan I thought the same about the Shelsley 240R.

It looked like a kid had done it with some airfix paint.

They’re also a pig to clean

I had a look at the 240R at the Shelsley Walsh Centenery hillclimb.

was there a 240R there as well as the circuit car? I could understand the circuit car havng poorly painted calipers if it was a pre-production finish

I think there was 2 240R’s there if I recall correctly. Not in the Paddock - on the dealer’s display.