Pagid RS-42 Pads

I have just bought an Exige S and am considering fitting the PAGID RS-42 pads, are they worth changing from the stock pads?

Cheers,

Rich

exige s might actually use Pagids as standard?

but if not, and the standard pads are the same as other exiges then Pagids will make a big difference when you are going hard enough to get proper heat into the brakes (eg tracking it )

not 42 as standard

fit them you will like them :slight_smile:
get some AP disks aswell if you have got some extra cash

why not just wait until you have worn the standard ones out. a trackday should do it.

I have got 42’s on my car. A doddle to fit and are a definite improvement with noticably more initial bite, but as Neil suggests you might as well wear out the standard ones before changing them.

Mark

RS14s (or perhaps 15s on an S2) will be even better. Might squeal though and probably not last as long.

Ian

Dont go for RS14s a lot of S2 owners have found them to be disc killer
I have killed off a set of AP5000s with 14s
Now on 42 no probs

Looks like the 42s will do the trick, are the standard discs up to the task? I’ll plan to swap to AP when they need changing.

Cheers,

Rich

Dont go for RS14s a lot of S2 owners have found them to be disc killer
I have killed off a set of AP5000s with 14s
Now on 42 no probs

Fair point, but does that mean the RS14s are giving better braking by taking it out on the poor old disks?

Ian

When you say “disk killer” in this thread, what actually happened? I had some weird pad transfer on to Alcon disks.

Thinking of all the things to sort out on the car and remembered that I meant to ditch the 14’s. I seem to recall Sean raving about the Performance Friction jobbies???

Edited to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rox !!!

Guys, just got off the phone and, apparently, if you go to Nick Whales stand and speak to Kate, mention exiges.com, she will give you a serious discount off any Sparco racewear. Leave some for me and Dad though tomorrow.

Don’t forget you already get 12% off by being members of LoT anyway, so I hope they give more than that.

I’m on RS-15’s now and really like them, they are hard though so the feel is a bit different but they really seem to bite hard.