Oulton 31st May

Okay folks, there will be 3 members of this forum racing, plus support from loads of others

The racers are Mark Donald, Matt Cummings & Russ Treasure

So, this is an official summons for everyone, who can make it, to get to Oulton. The “Mid Engined Car” races are under the umbrella of the Aston Martin Owners Club, & there will be lots of great races to watch. Oulton is a fab spectator circuit, & is eminently suitable to bring the family for a day out - excellent “facilities” & loads of parkland for picnicking/sunbathing if SWBO/kids get a bit bored with watching the cars

We look forward to meeting loads of “Exigers” on the 31st

Series Web Page

Will be at Bedford for my second track day this year … and as coming home is limited I have to make the best of it …

Pesky - sorry I missed Angelsey - I got your message a few days ago They loose everything in Italy … luggage ( well that was Lufthansa really ), flights ( yes I was stuck thanks to Alitalia ), money ( they rob you when they can - but in a nice way … 9 euro for two espresso in Rome) and it seems phone messages

Woohoo - Go Russ

Aye lads, I wish you well.

I’ll be there in spirit, because I can’t be physically. The guy upstairs knows how much I’d like to be racing there, but could not be now, maybe later.

So especially Russ, kick their furry arses in your class, (otherwise I’ll just bugger you next trackday we meet )

So especially Russ, kick their furry arses in your class, (otherwise I’ll just bugger you next trackday we meet )

Well Russ if the thought of being buggered by a 6’6" Mexican doesn’t spur you on to a class win we will all start to worry about you

Steve

You’ll be at Oulton, yes?

Steve

You’ll be at Oulton, yes?

Looking good at the Mo

Well Russ if the thought of being buggered by a 6’6" Mexican doesn’t spur you on to a class win we will all start to worry about you

Well, I had better get the vaseline out, ‘coz I am in “Full Race” category because of the engine & rear spoiler, and I don’t think a few laps of Anglesey is gonna stand up against the serious racers …will be fun trying tho’.

Good luck Russ *

Hopefully, I’ll be there supporting you.

\

• I actually meant in the race, but I wish you all the best with your ‘Mexican celebrations’ afterwards

Strong possibility GK will be driving a Motorsport type car at some point in the afternoon, Hyla I think is drivin the endurance race with Alistair and Neil, and I am working on Mark Fullalove driving my car in the endurance…

Cheers

Got my pass out so should be there Good luck to you guys

Booked to come along as well…
Looking fwd to meeting some fellow exigers and cheer on the guys racing.

Is there a rendezvous? or just drive round the circuit til get a black flag

Simon

Suggest you & the others wander round the paddock & find the “racers” who should be pitched up in close proximity.

Cheers Rob

Ring me on 07831 697788 when you get there, and I’ll try to guide you in, but there shouldn’t be a serious problem finding us…

Look for the Exiges

Anyone got a timetable ? Need to know how early I’ve got to get up !

Where is everone parking ?

Rob, practice for the mid-engined series is 10:00am (or just after), races start at about 1:00pm so I guess the mid-engined will be sometime after 2:00pm.
Guess everybody will park wherever they fancy (excluding the padock) though I would put money on Pesky blagging his way into a padock parking spot

GOOD LUCK RUSS!

Just got back the test day at Oulton.

Russ did about 30 mins in the dry, & about 30 mins in damp/wet conditions in the first 2 morning sessions. (There being seperate groupings of 30 mins each for sports/saloons, & then open wheelers). The boy did extremely well, & was definately “on the pace” After that the heavens opened, & Russ heeded the advice to pack it in then, as basically he was happy with the car’s set up (well done Terry King Racing of Rochdale ), & he is familiar with the circuit. There were a few “offs” during the morning sessions

A few of the series regular were also there, & it was good to watch Hyla pilot Neil Glocer’s 'copter from down South to the circuit, & then put in some very entertaining laps, in the wet, in Neil’s Exige

Looks like we’re in for a good day’s racing on Monday, & hopefully the weather forecast will be proved wrong!