Other engines

As my car is coming up to 35k miles, am wondering whether to rebuild the k series (upgrading to emerald ecu) or to go and get a honda or audi engine. Are these conversions available as kits yet? As I was thinking of letting my local dealer do the job, Sportmotive at Salisbury. Undecided as to what option to take, car generally used for fast road (as if you could drive slow in a exige ) with the occasional track day.

Kam, sorry to go totally O/T, but did you get your exige from Sportomotive? They are only 10 miles up the road from me and I was wondering how you’ve found them.

Ta

Kam
Have private messaged you
You’ve got loads of miles to go yet - mine leapt thro the 40000 mile barrier t’other weekend.
Gonna wait until the engine really dies before going down the Audi route.
Tony

I got my exige Sept 2000, from there back when they were Haydons, an official Lotus dealer. Have been having my car serviced there ever since, still Dave and Cos working there who seem to know their lotus cars inside out. A friend, who had a 340r from Haydons pointed me that way, about 40 ish miles down the road.

If those are all track miles you’re doing VERY well, otherwise you may just want to ask Pesky what he had done (relatively cheaply I seem to recall) to the top and leave it at that.

I know at least Prototype’s Honda conversion is available as a kit from the States. Although you may want to ask Nicholas about his dealings with them.

Ian

Prototype Racing? don’t ask me…

Was it not you Nicolas? Sorry. I’m sure it was somebody in Switzerland who’d been having delivery problems.

Ian

it’s me…u r right

Kam
Have private messaged you
You’ve got loads of miles to go yet - mine leapt thro the 40000 mile barrier t’other weekend.
Gonna wait until the engine really dies before going down the Audi route.
Tony

At 15K miles I decided it was best to take the K out while it still had some life and value left in it rather than wait until it exploded into a pile of worthless bits, even if that didn’t happen for another 25K miles. Seemed the sensible thing to do for me.

From the lack of interest in used VHPD K series engines - esp mine with 40,000 miles - I’ll wait until it needs rebuilding then throw it to one side, having said that it’s still going strong! (Where did I put that piece of wood!)
I always did go down the ‘don’t fix it until it’s broken’ route
But each to their own!!