Optimax at Oulton

Been driving passed the Shell petrol station over the past few weeks and its closed !! Having a major refit and new pumps etc… looks no where near like finishing in time for our favourite tipple! Any others nearby??
JohnO

JohnO

You’re the local yokel, so you should know!

I know of two, but each is about 25 mins from the circuit:

1. Adjacent to roundabout on A556 as you exit M6 at J19.

2. In Barnton village.

Will you (& guest?) be joining us for the curry? Bloody well better be!!!

PS this post has just saved me a phone call, cos I was going to ask the above question.

Bloody hell, how many times have you gone there and still not discovered that there is an Optimax dealer in Winsford, about 5 min from the track?

Does a mexijock need to come and tell you that?

Uldis

Brilliant - thanks. I didn’t know about the Winsford one, cos have always used the one which is presently being re-furbished - the other two I just occasionally drive past. Can’t recall ever driving through Winsford though!

Hi All,

According to Shell’s website there are two filling stations in Winsford,
DICKINSON BROS (WINSFORD) LTD Shell DELAMERE STREET WINSFORD CW7 2LT Great Britain
Services
Shop
Minor Repair Service
Shell Optimax (UK Only)

SHELL WINSFORD (2017) Shell 148 DELAMERE STREET WINSFORD CW7 2LY Great Britain
Services
Shop
Minor Repair Service
Shell Optimax (UK Only)
Car Wash

Hope fully this will help us.

Steve.

TWO!?

Within spitting distance?!

Opposite sides of the road?

That’ll do!

Ian

I take mine with me, on the trailer !!! But having topups this close could get me to set a new one day mileage record…

BTW, who has done the most track miles in a single day, and how many was that??

My money’s on Uldis!

Although I did rack up loads at a Open Pitlane at Silverstone last year.

Ian

Will the Nurburgring count ?

500 miles in 3 days …

Y knot

erm…Ian…Tarck miles…you what?
later,
Bruno

I cannot beeleeeve it takes a mexijock to tell you old flappers where the juice is!!

From Oulton PArk head to Winsford… at the wee roundabout take the local exit (which is the first exit if i remember proper) and follow the road round for about a mile… vwallah… Optimax right before your steemin naked eyes…

erm…Ian…Tarck miles…you what?

Alright, alright!

It was a typo but it’s too hard to change with the Poll set. Although I could pretend ‘Tarck’ is ‘Track’ in Mexican (which, yes I know, isn’t strictly a language)!

Ian

qu�?..supposed to be spanish…
laters,
Bruno