Oop North Xmas Do 12th December

B&B kinda all sorted.

I’ve booked one of the remaining rooms at �35 but I can share with somebody for �25 each. That leaves the other room that Pat (owner) agreed to hold briefly for Exiges.com at the same rate (it can also sleep 2). So I suggest somebody rings and grabs that.

She’ll answer the phone until about 10:30pm at nights, but they have somebody that can let people in at whatever time if (like me probably) you’re traveling there after work.

Ian

I’ve booked the Swallowfield too (with the ever so helpful Lynne)

There’s about half a dozen rooms left over looking the car park but she can’t let them all go as single occupancy.

Right, just gotta pay BaT now…

Ian

I booked Swallowfield tody as well but I have no idea what room or whatever but I am booked anyhow

Will travel up on Friday AM - Robbo !! - you in with me ??

Dad and I have also booked in at the Swallowfield for the friday night, And will be traveling up to oulton Friday am, We could meet up somewhere if you like!

Steve.

Have a great time guys - I’m extremely jealous as I cannot make Friday 12th December due to work commitments.

When choosing your restuarant for the Friday Night, you must all remember

1. It must have a spinning wheel in the middle of it!

2. You must request a table next to a couple having a romantic evening meal

3. They must serve “Chinky Beer”

Now going to BAT site to regrettably cancel my provisional booking

Have Fun

Giles

Giles,

We’ve done the chinese, I think that we are going for a curry this time, So maybe long disdance flying popudoms or see who can get the most nan-bread in there mouth before passing out challenge. Dont think that they will have Chinky beer but you never know

Steve.

Indy Beer drinking competition (I’ll lose, but won’t remember I did !!!)

Eat the hottest curry competition… (Russ has a straight through exhaust !!)

Clear the plate fastest (Uldis’ speciality)…

Best black Lotus on a trailer not from Bristol competition (Discominiman ??)

Longest drive (Ian ??)

Stick a diffuser on the sweet trolley competition (for the E’s)

Nicest guy called Mike who isn’t me competition… (Roxy??)

The most orange Exige competition (JC)

Oldest guy in the place competition (so Pesky can win something!!)

Steve - lets work something out - but do you really want to be stuck at 60 mph oh … yeah its the M6 so thats ok then

Me.

Ian, you’re sorting out for everybody in the list (above) right?

Uldis
Don’t forget me…

Let me get this straight… the track-day is Friday 12th so I’ll need to stay 2-nights. Travel down to vicinity Thur 11th stay Thur 11th overnight and then beer ‘n’ curry Fri 12th overnight then drive home Sat 13th…

Is this right ?? just checking…

Sounds about it. Local B&B on Thurs 11th, TRACKDAY!, followed by grub an hour from the cicuit (and stay) on the the 12th.

Mike

See B&B (Sweet Chestnuts) for Thursday night, above…

Then at the Swallowfield on Friday for the curry…

Add one to the party list

Just booked in the Swallowfield for the Friday night overlooking the carpark
Not tracking the motor yet though… Dodgy tyres is my excuse!

Come on would you be seen out if were wearing Nexen2000 rubber!!!

AndyD + SteveE, Definately arrange something and meet up. I’ll speak to you soon.

Will you let me join the convoy though if I havent got a trendy black diffuser?

Will you let me join the convoy though if I havent got a trendy black diffuser?

I’ve got some matt black paint…

Robbo

You can borrow the A039’s for the day and Steve and Martin can bring the diffuser on the day … no excuse now

Nice idea… Cheers mate

Better not! Just in case Martin and Steve havent got one in stock and I have to use Mikes matt black paint… It might not be dry in time to take it on the track

If it all came off, I wouldnt want you all to think their was oil on track.

But at least you’ll all be able to see the black line in the snow

Robbo,
Next production run of diffusers should be complete by next weekend and we do still have some available, so now there is definatly no excuse

Steve.

But me car wont start!!!

But me car wont start!!!

Neither would mine today

Battery was okay (cos it’s always on trickle charge), so I went through the usual wiggling of fuses/relays, & anything electrical looking in the engine bay! Had to go through this process twice, before it fired up.

Ah well, the joys of Exige ownership…but I wouldn’t swap it for anything

Come on Robbo - if you already have cold feet you won’t mind the snow !!

Pesky,

Dont know if you saw the post I put on ‘engine hesitant’ but mine wouldnt start one day last week. Tried everything but in the end called the RAC.
He tried everything but everything seemed ok but simply the plugs and injectors were not firing
In the end he unplugged the loom connection under the header tank (Which was a bit loose before he un-plugged it) and it fired up straight away.

Might be worth checking or worth trying if you have the problem again.

Mike, I’ll bring my ski’s! Any chance of a tow round the track