Oil pressure and temp gauges / sensors

After a recent issue with my car (being sorted under warranty) am thinking about having these items installed.

Does anyone else have these ? If so which ones have you got and which holders have you got?

piccys would be great too

I have oil temp and pressure senders linked to my data logger.

As for a seperate gauge I think the SPA dual gauge is the best way to go, you can connect an external warning light and it does peak recalls etc.

As far as the senders go, there is a 1/8th NPT port on the oil filter housing that you can screw the pressure sender straight into. However I use a short piece of braided -3 line and mount the sender on the chassis, this is to combat any vibration as the sender is quite large compared to the 1/8th npt thread that is holding it.

As far as the temp sender goes, you are looking to measure the temp of the oil in the sump. The easiest way to do it is to use an elise parts sump plug that has a hole drilled in it that you can screw a 1/8th npt temp sender into. However I used to use one of these and they are very poor quality and mine actually sheared off in the sump when I was changing the oil. The best way, is to have the sump drilled and tapped, although you obviously have to remove the sump for this which is a bit of a pain in the arse.

SPA are probably the most accurate, & in that sense they are great if you are analysing stuff on a after a session.

Personally, I want to easily see temps of water & oil, & oil pressure whilst driving, & I find digital displays a pain in the arse to read. Accordingly, I went for the set-up employed by the Edwards Boyz (Analog Racetech Gauges), positioned such that it is really easy to see if there are variations from the norm.

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Exiges/Re-Furb%202008/Interior.jpg[/image]

SPA are probably the most accurate, & in that sense they are great if you are analysing stuff on a after a session.

Personally, I want to easily see temps of water & oil, & oil pressure whilst driving, & I find digital displays a pain in the arse to read. Accordingly, I went for the set-up employed by the Edwards Boyz (Analog Racetech Gauges), positioned such that it is really easy to see if there are variations from the norm.

[image]> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Exiges/Re-Furb%202008/Interior.jpg> [/image]

What is that BIG red button for??? Perhaps the ‘Re-Heat’!!!

Ejector seat for unruly passengers

Ejector seat for unruly passengers

That’s a great idea - will ask Martin to modify it

Err, perhaps not though, as it’s the fire extinguisher activation button

Cheers for the pics and replies so far - am definatley going for the analogue gauges, just trying to decide where I can put them as have got kill switch and fire exting where the radio should be.

1 Like