Oil Cooler...

Just changed the oil on mine, must remember oil filters have an anti drainback valve! Woops, took a while to clean that up. :confused:

Anyway honda converted cars have to use stubby little filters, which shouldn’t be too much of a problem if you’re changing them quite often. However I’d like to add a oil cooler in preparation for the higher IATs a blower will producce and overall higher engine load. I already have a takeoff plate complete with stat and a mocal oil cooler I can reuse, however it’s already cramped back there and ideally I’d like a remote filter too. Trouble is I cant use my takeoff as it’d bypass the filter when cold, and if I go with a normal one I could end up over cooling the oil in the winter. So i’m thinking I could use a laminova cooler, removes the need for a oil-stat and could be put inline with remote filter.

• Anyone got experience with these?
  • Do you fit on the send or return from the rad (assume the latter)?
  • Any tips on routing?
  • Assume filter before cooler?
  • Remove the stock K20A cooler? (if so any tricks with the stock pipes to know)

T

• Anyone got experience with these?

Fitted to most link up conversion

• Do you fit on the send or return from the rad (assume the latter)?

no idea, its located on the bulkhead though

• Assume filter before cooler?

filter in standard location

• Remove the stock K20A cooler? (if so any tricks with the stock pipes to know)

yup bin it and replace with a takeoff plate

Cool, think I’m going to go down this route but get it professionally done as I’d want a tag welding to the rear roll hoop support to mount the remote filter.