Oil Catch Cans

Are these worth fitting to a charge cooled Exige S - would they do the same job as for the normal supercharged model?

Thinking of fitting these:

QWK Cans

All comments welcome…

Thanks for the torrent of replies…

Why would it make a difference that the car is chargecooled? Have you rerouted the breathers?

[quote=FlyingExige]Are these worth fitting to a charge cooled Exige S - would they do the same job as for the normal supercharged model?

Thinking of fitting these:

QWK Cans
I have these. neat and easy, but $$$$$for what you get. Also Sector 111 didn’t want to do a sneaky on the import duty (fair enough as it’s tax avoidance)
Hanger 111 were in the process of making their own and ProAlloy always make nice stuff. What attracted me to these is that they are easy to remove. Hanger 111 were concerned that as they are engine mounted the mounting bracket may suffer from fatigue in time…time will tell.

Sector111 want $115 for shipping and then import duty/VAT on top of that!!

Looks like I’ll be giving these a miss.

If anyone has any info on the ProAlloy version I’d be grateful…

I have these:

http://www.saikoumichi.com/Stage1_ExigeDualOcc.html

They fix to the clam not the engine.

I have the first set they made to get patterns, ring Wayne at Proalloy and ask him, only thing would have added was the level tubes.

Hi Ade,

I have just e-mailed Wayne asking for details and to see if they still make them - or could make a set for me.

Do you have any idea of how much they were? Also, how are they mounted in the engine bay?

Cheers,

Rich

Here you go

Cheers Ade,

Do they collect much oil? How do you empty them?

Rich.

^^^ depends how clapped out ya motor is ^^^
:wink:

these look good quality but US again and no information on the mounting , http://www.radiumauto.com/products.php?Dual-Catch-Can-System-4
i also like the look of there surge tank but how does the OEM pump keep up with the 255 pump inside ?

I take mine off to empty them, this way I can clean them out as well.

ordered the Sector 111 just waiting for delivery (in a gold plated box!)
Bought these over others as seem well made and easy to empty. BUT wish I had phoned proalloy as their web site 'aint the best

Scoob,

can I ask how much you paid inc. shipping. I’d also be interested to know what you are get stung for in terms of import duty and VAT.

Cheers,

Rich

Rich
got a feeling my order did not go through online so can’t speak to anyone at Sector111 yet as they are 9 hours behind us. From memory it was $250 plus $102 import and delivery. If my order has not gone through I’ll be talking to pro alloy so I’ll let you know how I get on

Hi Scoob,

that’s the same figure I was quoted but that excluded import duty and VAT charged at the point of entry - that comes to an extra �45(ish).

I’m waiting for an answer from ProAlloy…

I would ring Wayne @ Proalloy it is the easiest way as they can be a bit slow with email, number is on their website :wink:

FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED!!

I have just spoken to Wayne at ProAlloy and he is going to start producing the ProAlloy kit again. Not sure on time scales or costs but I have taken the plunge an ordered one unseen.

More info when I have any…

Good man Rich, keep me posted