Official S Sports Exhaust or 2bular???

Right im torn between the two…the price is almost identical so thats not an issue.
Its just down to build quality which I understand is an issue with the Lotus exhaust and the sound they produce i.e. which sounds better…

Ive found this video of the official Exige S exhaust and it sounds fantastic.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6b0a9e09-4d4d-42cb-b466-99c900bb079e.htm

If I go for the 2bular I want the same design as the standard exhaust, dont know if thsi will effect the sound?

How much would I be looking to pay to get one fitted at a Lotus garage?

Any help welcome chaps…really dont know which to go for?

Ian

Official to protect yourself from potential warranty issues from as you don’t get any goodwill from Lotus

Official to protect yourself from potential warranty issues from as you don’t get any goodwill from Lotus

Have you had a bad experience in the past with Lotus and an aftermarket exhaust??

unsure about other warranty claims if you dont have official exhaust (altho convinced they would kick up a fuss) but i must admit with the actual exhaust itself they are very good if it breaks.

i have had 6 official stage 2’s fitted (2 cars over 21 months) all after suffering more or less the same weld failure

there was never any dispute and it was all done free of charge - it was really only the minor inconvenience of having to drop the car off that was the only downside (1 hour job). The first time they tried to repair - this failed… every other failure was then met with replacement.

I was getting about 5k out of each exhaust. I must say the sound more than makes up for the build quality - it is stunning. Check out this clip on you tube

web page

to get an idea of the sound

Jim V. makes great exhausts – better quality, IMHO.

Sound of 2bular – 2 1/2" straight-thru piping, 7’x20" with S-type tip can be found here… http://hspn.tv/?videoid=129&catid=1

Not specifically the exhaust, but the support bracket on my Stage 2 snapped and was repaired without any fuss.

I’ve had three new Lotus and have had a few issues with warranty items on all of them, particularly if the factory engineer needs to inspect the car - one notable issue was the heater being stuck on hot for 2-3 months through summer as I wasn’t available on the day the engineer called into my dealership and on his subsequent visit he did’nt turn up: its times like that when you wish you drove a BMW!

Mark

unsure about other warranty claims if you dont have official exhaust (altho convinced they would kick up a fuss) but i must admit with the actual exhaust itself they are very good if it breaks.

i have had 6 official stage 2’s fitted (2 cars over 21 months) all after suffering more or less the same weld failure

there was never any dispute and it was all done free of charge - it was really only the minor inconvenience of having to drop the car off that was the only downside (1 hour job). The first time they tried to repair - this failed… every other failure was then met with replacement.

I was getting about 5k out of each exhaust. I must say the sound more than makes up for the build quality - it is stunning. Check out this clip on you tube

web page >

to get an idea of the sound

Exigeboy…You have PM…