nylatron gear linkage bushes

just the nylatron bushes (you would need to get your own
washers and R clips)
�10 posted

Which is exactly what makes the difference in gearshift feel.
The rest that cames with the Eliseparts kit is normally Ok in an Exige, maybe some early Elises suffered from the other bits as well, but as I found in my car the stock items were better.
I used only the bushings, the rest are still on a bag.

Well done on offering an alternative to the >�40 kit!

Not sure I follow you there Uldis?

The washers and R clips can’t have any impact on the overall feel can they?

No, he just meant the nylatron bushes are the bits that make the difference.

OK this is the full kit:
[image]http://www.eliseparts.com/shop/images/large/gea_LRG.jpg[/image]

are the rod ends not needed on an Exige?

what we are saying is that in a lot of cases changing just the bushes on the cable ends will make a massive differance to the feel of the change

And what I was saying is that the rod ends as pictured in my case, in my car were better quality that the Elise Parts ones (pictured) and in perfect condition.

I guess if your were knackered then the whole kit would make sense, but my originals have lasted 40K miles and are still perfect.

Probably different quality than on a std Elise…

Happy Birthday Uldis! 29 again?

Aplogies for the thread hijack.

And what I was saying is that the rod ends as pictured in my case, in my car were better quality that the Elise Parts ones (pictured) and in perfect condition.

I guess if your were knackered then the whole kit would make sense, but my originals have lasted 40K miles and are still perfect.

Probably different quality than on a std Elise…

For exactly the same reason I didn�t chance them. I think both Elise and Exige use the same.

P.S. Happy Birthday Uldis

Wehey! Thanks guys!

Yeah happy birthday, mon amigo

Uldis - could you give me ring please, I’m afraid that I’ve mislaid your number, sorry.