Not Exige but Lotus related

I have a new toy.
After much deliberation I realised an S1 Exige was out of reach for me, an S2 was never going to be as good as my old car and I wanted a Sunday afternoon car not a track car as I have the Clio.
So I went looking, the final piece came into place when I saw the Type 49 Pete bought, that was it an S1 Elise, now to find the right car in an affordable price range. I was expecting a long search and never expected to come up with something so soon. Here is my S1 Elise Type 79 Heritage Edition

This is a car for ever to keep, it has done just over 40k miles and is completely original except the airbox (does anyone have one?)

It does however need some TLC to the paint and suspension etc.

I’m so pleased to be back in a Lotus :mrgreen:

:clap: Awesome Ade, absolutley superb purchase mate.

BIG :thumbup: UP

Nice Ade. I do have an original air box and trunking for a 118bhp S1 :slight_smile:

Looks great Ade, good choice

You have a PM :smiley:

wowww…Nice car!!! love the color combo~

Very nice :slight_smile:

Well done Ade :slight_smile:

I have a carbon S1 Exige one for a VHPD. :wink:

Replied :wink:

I think they only fit where there is no boot Ian :ugeek:

Excellent Ade - love the black on a S1 Elise :slight_smile:

Ian is the CF Airbox up for sale?

That didn’t take you long Ade.

Well done cracking looking car mate. :clap:

Great to see it home Ade! :clap:

Congrats on the purchase… a bloody bargain as I am sure you know!!!

Paint looks great… shiny!

Keeping it original is the tough bit given our ‘history’ of mods!!! I was mulling a DVA engine upgrade… but Dave A is apparently booked out 18 months in advance now!

Having driven mine out a bit, you know, I have come to the conclusion 118 BHP is more than enough in a 750kg car out there on country B roads. I was grinning ear to ear having done just that… getting back to the original ‘ethos’ of the S1 Elise!

Anyway, enjoy mate, will catch up with you when I am back again… next year.

Cheers, Pete

Very nice fella

Well done Ade, looks ace :thumbup:

I think the only reason it would get any form of upgrade is if the head gasket goes, then while it is off a nice pair of cams and a little port work, as long as it uses the same ECU Exhaust and Air box I’m good with it as it will still look standard :slight_smile:

Just a broken exhaust flexi and leaking rear shock to fix, then a proper polish and clean :slight_smile:

Jacqui never really forgave me for selling the S2 even though at the time it was the right choice, now I have a Sunday afternoon show car and a track car I don’t care about, this is a much easier combination. Bit more on road tax and insurance each year. I suspect both will be with us next Easter wherever we end up :smiley:

It may be :slight_smile:

Fair play Ade, nice looking car.