Northern Festival of Speed

Sunday 14th August, near Lancaster.

http://www.speedfestnorthwest.co.uk/

Been talking to this bloke, he is trying to recreate the FoS at his stately home. It will have a hillclimb, demo’s, I think NORLOG are going and Veroniques chariot will be on display along with Cellophane. It has been run for the last few years as a fun event but I had never heard of it before. Should be a good craic for anyone in the area at that time.

Went up there with Russ this afternoon for a natter with John the owner. What a top, enthusiastic bloke, & the proud host at a wonderful setting for a great petrolhead meet. (I’m not just saying that cos he wants my mega stonechipped Exige on display in the “concours” section - & I didn’t spot his white stick, honest!)

Would be great to see some of you guys there, along with the other Lotus drivers from NORLOG & Club Lotus.

So come on, who else is up for it???

Smashin’ day out - weather was kind after all. Good turnout of Loti by Club Lotus & NORLOG, plus a fantastic display of lots of different sports/saloon cars through the ages. Whilst I’m not into polishing my car for show purposes, it was impossible not to admire some of the immaculately presented cars such as the Blower Bentley, Daimler Dart, V12 E Type, DB4 Vantage & the Lotus Cortina in particular.

Roll on Oulton on Wednesday